CHAPTER 07 || Songs of the Drivers

"I swear to you Charles, we have to do something about this!" Max whispers as he watches his parents. "I've been saying that since I was in Formula One!" He whispers back.

"Do you know when it's perfect?" Max asks quietly. Charles shakes his head and Max enlightens him "Tonight. There's supposed to be auroras, and a blizzard. So they can't escape!"

"Whew! Tonight already? We've got some work to do there!" The Monegasque grumbles with a sigh and stands up quietly. The older man nods and stands up just as quietly.

"We have to get them to talk about their feelings!" Says the Dutchman firmly. Charles nods eagerly. Together the two sit down on the bed and start planning.

This exhausts them both so much that they fall asleep. Charles lies with his head on Max's chest and he has his arms tightly around the younger boy.

"They really want to see us together, don't they?" Kimi asks quietly. Seb, who is standing in front of him, leans against the Finn and murmurs, "If they knew...they'd cut our heads off!" The Finn laughs quietly and nods his head.

Because one piece of information that the younger two are missing is that Kimi and Seb actually had an affair. But that stopped because of the guilt.

Seb remembers Kimi telling him to come back when Seb had made up his mind. But Seb never came. Because deep down he knew he was too scared to admit that he loved the older one. And still does.

The two older ones go back into the living room and talk there. Charles and Max have to go back to Monaco. The rest are worried. Even tho they would never admit it.

When the blizzard comes in the evening, the parents have a completely different problem. Max is afraid of snowstorms. Which is understandable given his last experience with these kind of storm.

Fearfully, the kids traipse down the stairs barefoot, hand in hand. They run through the lobby into the kitchen and sit down at a window with a windowsill. They want to conquer the fear themselves. Together.

To distract themselves, they think about TikTok trends. "Which driver is which song?" Max ponders. Charles takes a college notebook and a pen and looks questioningly at the other.

"Let's start with the rookies! What about Oscar?" Charles asks and Max answers without hesitation "Gladiator by Jann." Charles nods in agreement and asks "And Logan?" Max considers before hesitantly saying "Va Va Voom by Nicki Minaj maybe?"

"What about Hulk?" Asks Charles interested. Max grins and answers "Major Tom (...völlig losgelöst) by Peter Schilling." Charles looks at him confused. "But why?" Asks he and Max laughs "He sings it quietly all the time." And Charles laughs too.

"While we're at it, what song for Kevin?" The Ferrari driver asks and Max firmly says "The Kid I Used to Know by Arrested Youth!"

One by one they sort out songs for all the riders that weren't written for them. Max gets Hall of Fame by The Script from Charles and Charles Formidable by Stromae. With Kimi, they agree that it's National Anthem by Lana Del Rey.

[Sorry but National Anthem is just perfect for Kimi. LIKE LITERALLY!!]

Kimi and Seb also distract the two. Kimi tells old stories from the paddock when the two of them were not yet racing in Formula 1. Seb makes them a hot chocolate and then joins Kimi. Both have also volunteered to be pillows.

And while Kimi tells them the story of little Sebby, who wants to make history in Formula 1, Seb sleeps leaning against him. The two kids will only sleep on the plane that takes them back to Monaco.

~~~~~~~~~~

Next ome :)

OSCAR WON THE SPRINT RACE!! HIS FIRST WIN IN FORMULA ONE 🤧🤧🥹🥹

MAX VERSTAPPEN, YOU ARE THE WORLD CHAMPION!! 3 TIMES IN A ROW! AMAZING JOB 😭🤧🤧🥹