Family is complicated

Elijah was waiting for me in the living room. It really gave me too much of the impression of being a teenager who had sneaked out and who was caught by her parents returning in the middle of the night. Especially with the judgment I read in the eyes of the original noble. To help nothing I had traces of my meal on my sweater collar, oops. Much less when Klaus or Kol when they returned after some of their evening , but enough for him to decide to cheer me up.

"Seriously, you're not having fun tonight and killing innocents while the full moon is tomorrow at the place to help young Gilbert." He says my actions prove it.

"For your information, I'm not killing anyone and I've even been helping the witch Bennett not die tomorrow, if you allow me I'm going to take a shower and go to bed. After all, this is still my home and I intend to do things my way." I quickly went upstairs to prevent him from responding.

The next morning, I woke up having had 9 hours of continuous sleep. A real miracle when you have a sleep cycle like mine, more similar to the sleep of a university student who is at the end of the session but all along the year, a bad sleep habit for any normal person even for a vampire.

It must be said that out of bed I had planned to spend the day as far as possible from any problem that could arise in Mystic Falls, especially those involving the supernatural. I wanted to listen to the final episode of the Hawaii 5-0 series from last week and read a book.

Nothing exciting, just ignore all the problems for ten hours. Given my chance, I did not have the pleasure to have my day. Then I got a text from an unknown number that asked me to reach him at the Mystic Grill. I was going to ignore and block the individual when I came up with a second text of the person and she addressed me by calling me a little witch. There were three people on this planet who called me that way, one of them was a dagger and the second one had his number registered in my contacts, so the only possibility was Klaus.

I really had to go and see what he wanted to do if he didn't face a massacre at the Mystic Grill out of boredom or nervousness of my absence

On my way to the Grill, I saw him sitting at the bar in his real body, a good thing done. I sat to his left and saw the bartender give me a strange look. Matt wasn't on duty, and I think the bartender was judging why a young girl would choose to sit at the bar next to that man.

"You came," said my surprised brother.

"You asked me, by the way I prefer you in your real body. At least if you come after me, I can respond without hurting any innocent." I answered him a little in the mood to play banality.

"You know that I would never hurt you, you are part of the Aurora family." He replied by emphasizing the words family.

"I'm not sure Rebeka sees things the same way with a dagger right in her heart, but we can't ask her for her opinion since you threw her coffin in the middle of the ocean. Always and forever does not have the same significance for all as the word family ." I said to him in a not friendly tone.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He replied, raising the tone of his voice slightly, he seemed to hurt that I thought they might hurt me. A thousand years had however demonstrated that Klaus was ready to everything to get what he wants.

"Anyway, tell me what you want so I can go do something else with my day, like read my book." I tell him I always talk about it gently and do not want to draw the attention of customers to our duo.

"I just want to spend some time with my little sister, is this a crime?"

"Nik, you hardly ever do anything selflessly or without a bigger goal in mind. Either you buy me a drink and you tell me what you want, or I'm going. Your choice." I tell him I'm giving him my ultimatum. As he did not answer, I rose to leave, he grabbed my arm to restrain me. I may have been as old as he was, but his strength was far superior to mine. Casting a spell on him in the middle of the Mystic Grill with the sheriff Forbes at some tables from us was not an option.

"Nik, let me go right now!" I told him I spoke loud enough to attract the attention of the sheriff who knew well that I was a friend of her daughter.

The sheriff comes to see me and asks me: "Aurora, is everything fine?" keep looking at the hand of Klaus who always held me.

"Just my idiot brother." I said in a menacing glance. He let go of his grip.

"I can't believe you had a brother." Said the sheriff, surprised.

"Theoretically, you're a cousin. You've been living together so long that we're more like brother and sister." If the conversation didn't drag on Liz had to apologize and go back to the police station where she was called.

When she had to leave Klaus asked me: "Tell me what do you want to drink?" We would say that we did have a little chat after all. I sit down and tell the bartender to take our orders.

"So?" I told him to make him speak when we get our glasses.

"Your intuition is always so precise, I invited you to make sure you didn't do anything stupid to stop tonight's events. You are the only unpredictable element, you see I have in my possession the moonstone, a witch, a vampire, a wolf and even a double mortal who will do nothing stupid to save all those she loves, what devotion." He says mocker.

"What do you want, that I promise you to be wise to the point of sacrifice. I did not even intend to leave my house when you called me." I answered him incessantly about his motives.

He pulled out his phone and handed it to me. On the screen was playing a live video of my friend Ruby tying to a chair, passing out. I bite my lower lip to contain my emotions.

"Leave her, she has nothing to do with it all." I told her trying to hold back my tears.

"Your New York friend will be able to return home safely after the sacrifice. Think of it as a good motivation not doing anything that might upset my plans. A simple guarantee of your cooperation." He replied, happy to have succeeded.

"You're just an egoist, trying to get what you want, you don't care who you hurt in the process. I regret that I stayed so long with you, I should have gone long before the wolfs thing." I replied.

"Aurora." He was visibly hurt by my words.

"No, I'll see you tonight." I was just cutting him off.

I left the Mystic Grill and headed for my car, it had not followed me better. I learned to open the door of my car when I heard a vampire moving at supernatural speed in the parking lot.

I turned around to see who it was. I could not distinguish anything. I prepared to intercept the individuals for their next move.

I heard a new displacement coming from behind, but I did not have time to turn around so I felt a familiar pain in my neck.

They had just injected me with the vain of coming, the last thing I saw before losing knowledge was Niklaus catching me before I collapsed on the ground.

Share, comment and vote

Love