Professor Layton x Reader

Hi, and welcome to my one shot book! I'm taking requests, and this was requested by @inthemiddleofsummer so, here it is. If you want to request something, just message me, or leave a comment. Thanks for reading.

-edlover524

You've known him for three years.

When you met him you were just introduced to each other by your close friend, Emmy, and you completely fell for him. You didn't know why you had fallen for him when you had first realized your crush. 

You knew now, though.

The way he smiled at you, how polite he was, how utterly amazing he could be everything he did. You didn't understand why he could be that way with you all the time. You felt you didn't deserve it.

But to him, you deserved the world.

To him you were modest, kind, beautiful, and amazingly perfect in every way. He knew it. He knew that he had fallen in love with you. And he hated that you couldn't see what he saw. You thought that you were just normal, that no one would ever fall in love with you; especially not him.

Right now you two were just hanging around his classroom. He had just finished teaching the last class of the day, and was just packing up, as you (who had come to walk him home, as you two had lived in the same apartment complex) sat on one of the students chairs looking at him, waiting patiently for him to finish.

"Y'know, I've always wondered what it would be like to be in this classroom, listening to one of your lectures." you say, starting a conversation.

"Maybe one day you can take one of my classes, (y/n)." Layton says, placing a folder full of lesson plans in his bag.

"Yeah, sure," you say sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

"I'm serious, you should do it, take one of my classes. It'll be fun, you can tell me what you thought after." he says, seeming a little more excited about the idea now. 

"Maybe..." you say, feeling a little less sure.

"Come in tomorrow, we can walk here together."

"Okay, fine..." 

You take your spare house key out of your pocket, and walk over to him.

"Here." you present the key to him, holding it out in front of you for him to take.

"What's this?" he asks you.

"My house key, you might have to come in to wake me up. Plus, it means you can come visit whenever." you say.

You two started to walk back to your apartments, trekking along on a journey that you wished would never end as long as you were with the handsome professor. But then again, today had been a long day, you wanted to sleep. He noticed this, as you yawned and rubbed your eye, to him, that was the most adorable thing in the world.

"Are you tired?" he asks.

"Yeah..." you yawn again.

He walks ahead of you slightly, then stops.

"Huh? Whats wrong?" you stop, slightly behind him. He kneels down.

"You're obviously tired, so, get on my back, you won't have to walk at all." he says simply.

"Y-you don't have to-"

"I want to, a gentleman should be kind to every lady." he says.

Reluctantly, you get on his back.