Horizon Finance Part 12

Start from the beginning

The view pans to the clear blue sky, which then fades in to the empty darkness of space. A massive spacecraft slowly floats into view.

THE PRESENT.

Inside the ship, at its main command center, two figures are currently in the midst of battle. The red and black clad soldier kicks the Monochrome mercenary away.

Mirage: Oof! … Hey, you’re pretty good. You could probably give some of the freelancers a run for their money.

Onyx: Don’t you ever stop talking!? Haahh!

He rushes towards Mirage once again, the two fighters trading blow for blow. Punches, kicks, elbow strikes, throwing everything they can to wear down their adversary. Onyx goes for a right hook, only for the mercenary to duck through the incoming strike, grabbing the soldiers body from behind, before delivering a suplex. They both get back up before sizing each other again.

Onyx: *groans* Ugh… It’s going to take a lot more than that to put me down for good.

Mirage: Is that so? Then how about you try (activates energy blade) this on for size!

Onyx: Hehe, alright. If that’s  how you wanna play… huh?

Onyx reaches for his alien weaponry, only to find it missing from its place. During his suplex to the floor the mercenary managed to grab the soldiers energy blade and threw it towards the still hiding researcher, who took it in his hand.

Mirage: tsk, tsk, tsk… looks like someone wasn’t paying attention.

Onyx: (enraged):Why you–!!

Mirage: It’s swishing time!

Mirage starts to swing his blade against the mad soldier, forcing him to dodge and back away towards the other side of the command deck. Seeing the soldier too focused on avoiding getting hit, Walters took the chance and left the room, thankfully, without getting noticed.

Onyx: (jumps back) Where’s the key!?

Mirage: Wouldn’t you like to know? Swish!

With his foe keeping his distance, the sword wielder gave a near silent order to the ship.

Mirage: *whispering* Follow the commands of Simon Walters.

Though his voice was but a faint whisper, it seems that the Magistrate acknowledge his order nonetheless. During this, it seems that the soldiers communication line has returned to functionality.

Random Soldier: Boss, do you copy?

Onyx: About damn time. Yes, I hear you. Send reinforcements to the control center. The mercenary has managed to board the ship and I need back up.

Random Soldier: Copy that, sir. We’re on are way.

Onyx: *dodges another swing* Whoa!

Mirage: Better keep your eyes up. Swish!

Meanwhile, running through the hallways of the ship, Walters keeps a steady pace trying to get as far away from the dueling veterans as he can. Remembering the plan, he tries to give an order to the Magistrate.

Walters: *panting* Hah… hah… s-ship… land us… back… at the temple!

Suddenly, the spacecraft stops, making him stumble a bit, before the ship starts to descent back towards the planet.