Colby - Rain

The words just sort of slipped out, but I was starting to think, over the few seconds that we had in silence together, standing in the middle of the slippery and slightly hazardous road, that I meant it.

I meant it with every part of my soul.

Sam's eyes fidgeted from my shoes, to his, to the floor, where he must've noticed something, as his head tilted upwards. "It's... it's raining."

"Really?" I answerd sarcastically as the small drops fell on our upwards facing faces. I felt Sam let go of my hands and stumble backwards, but almost a graceful stumble, like he was falling into the rain. The patters got louder against the road and it was too much that I could face directly, so I instead just watched him. I watched him dance around. I watched his arms spread out widely. I watched him skip wildly, and I watched him laugh.

I meant it with every part of my soul.

I took advantage of a moment that he took to pause from the dancing, and walked up to him. Well, it was more of a jog... fine, I sprinted at Sam and picked him up. His legs naturally curled around my waist, and our mouths naturally found the others.

This kiss didn't feel like the others. It was long, and meaningful, and... wet. Just because of the rain though, what did you think it meant?

I gripped his thighs harder, and I heard him giggle through the kiss. Unfortunately, and with maximum (disappointed) moaning, we pulled away, but I still held on tight to him.

"Colby, I love you too."

Another smile was shared. Another 'love' was shared. And of course, another kiss was shared.

"Should we go back to your mom and brother." I asked, seeing the emphasised importance that had been portrayed earlier.

"No, let's just stay out here for a bit longer."

*

"Bye, love!" We were shooed away by Sam's mom. After the embarrassing question, she respected our wishes to stay at my house that night.

We walked along the edge of the road, skipping from that surface to the edge of the side walk, laughing and making nonsensical sounds. The rain had weakened, which meant that the path was a little bit wet, so as we jumped, we might’ve slipped a few times, but it was all joked about anyway.

We decided that we weren't going to ignore our feelings like we had accidentally done previously, instead, talk to eachother. I know that it sounds stupid and just like common sense, but we needed to make sure that it was happening to hopefully keep our blossoming relationship in tact.

*

"Do you want to borrow any of my pyjamas?" Colby and I stared at eachother with blank faces, after he had just said that he was without any sleeping atire, "Stupid question, my apologies," we laughed.

We both took our respected corners, getting undressed and then redressed, well, for Colby not the latter. I was just about to start buttoning up the flannelette shirt that I was going to sleep in, when I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and a chin on my shoulder.

"Ya' know, those buttons came undone last time we slept together, so I wouldn't do them up if I was a practical man." I was flustered, but I did my best to remain calm, so a quip it was.

"You are the least practical man that I know, Colby. And besides, we did not 'sleep together', we just... slept in the same bed..." I turned back around so that I was facing him. Even though I snapped back at his comment, I didn't bother to do up the buttons. I placed my palms on his shoulders and leaned in a tad.

"Well, what ever you say, but, it might not last that long."

"What might not last long?"

"That fact that we didn't sleep together."

"Oh, shut up!" I slapped him weakly across the cheek at his jest, and got into bed. He followed suit, and we got into the position that we had ended up in the last time that we slept together in my bed.

You know, to be practical.

(Hello! I am truly very sorry about my few-day hiatus, I just posted alot of chapters very quickly and all together, so I decided to stretch out the length a little but for the second last chapter. SECOND LAST CHAPTER!!!)