Sam - Save

I had to help him. Colby was frozen, and unlike the stronger man he had always painted himself to be, his eyes were sad. I jumped in front of him, pushing this girl away from him. The girl was clearly an attention seeker, her dark brown hair was draped over her face in a sultry way, and her clothes, or lack of, were purposely eye-catching.

Running in between them, I stretched out my arms a little bit in front of Colby to lead him back, while pushing her back into the crowd cheering her on. "Why would you do that?!" She squealed.
"I should ask the same for you!"
"Colby's my boyfriend, not yours, you little gay fucker."

I could just hear Colby trying to whisper something in response, but he was still stopped dead from the assault. "He might be your boyfriend, but he's my friend, and it's my job to protect him. Go away," it felt like the message wasn't getting across as I spoke, so I sent one more piece of information to her, "you whore."

She half-scowled-half-pouted at me, and took the hand of Josh, strolling away like nothing had happened. She'd probably been called a lot worse. As soon as she was out of my line of sight, I turned to Colby. He was pale, but looked back at me, and smiled softly. I gently pushed him down onto a sofa, and rushed around, looking for some non-alchoholic punch that I could give to him.

I was able to find a plastic bottle of water, that I gave it to him and sat down beside him. "Colby, I'm so sorry! You need to tell and adult or something," my elbows dug into my knees as I looked over to look at his sweaty face. He had regained his voice a little bit, talking after taking a swig of water, "No Sam, I don't even know why you'd be apologising. It's that bitch's fault." Colby looked in the general direction of herand stared in an angry, but also sad way.

I brushed some of his sliky black hair out of his eyes, "let's go home, Colby. We have nothing to prove." He silently agreed, standing up, and chugging the whole plastic bottle, gripping it firmly. We walked out of the lounge, and into a kitchen, where the main party was happening, and where Josh was standing loud and pround on top of a table. He was singing karaoke terribly, clearly drunk, but everyone was cheering him on, and the girl was by his feet, swooning over her next victim.

As hard as he could, Colby chucked the bottle right into Josh's face, stopping the performance, and making everyone look around in confusion to think who threw it. We slammed the door, and laughed hysterically, mocking the others at the occasion. "Did you see that Ameilia was at Josh's toes?"
"Oh Joshy-woshy, your feet are so large and masculine!" I did my best high pitched voice.

We got into the car, Colby driving, and we turned on the radio as we sped off.