Colby - "Advice"

I didn't even bother getting into my pyjamas, let alone my bed. Guilt and frustration were like a balloon, growing inside of me as I replayed the scenario over and over again in my head subconsciously. I tried to think about ways that it could've gone differently, like if I had let him crouch down for his bag, or if we had played another board game instead, but I couldn't go back in time. Maybe I could bend my words so that I wasn't in the wrong, like I had done with countless other teachers, but I couldn't lie to him.

I stretched out my arms and fell onto my bed face first, as my mind began to hurt with thoughts and options running through it. I couldn't even talk to anybody about this, now that I had no friends (I wouldn't talk to the jerks about something like this anyway) unless...

Colby 🏈: Nate, you have got to HELP ME

NateH🎼: What the hell dude, it's 1 am???

Colby🏈: ik sorry!!

NateH🎼: What do you want?

Colby🏈: I kissed someone.

NateH🎼: damn, who's the lucky guy?

Colby🏈: guy? How did you know?

NateH🎼: wild guess 😐 anyways, I'm assuming that something went wrong?

Colby🏈: yeah um.. I didn't ask first

NateH🎼: not to be insensitive, but isn't that kind of ironic?

Colby🏈: I had to search that word up, but yes, yes it is ironing.

NateH🎼: what was this guys reaction?

Colby🏈: he just kind of... Left.

NateH🎼: k soooo not good.

Colby🏈: not good.

NateH🎼: does he go to our school?

Colby🏈: yh he's on one of my classes

NateH🎼: only one? Ok, that'll be good

Colby🏈: why? Shouldn't I talk to him?

NateH🎼: yeah, just not right now

Colby🏈: y?

NateH🎼: well, if your favorite restaurant gives you food poisoning, then you're not going to go there again right away.

Colby🏈: ok...?

NateH🎼: you need to wait a few days. At first, ignore him. Then, say hi to him the hallway, and THEN you start a proper convo

Colby🏈: but I really fucked up Nate, and I want to make things better as soon as I can!!

NateH🎼: fine. Next time you see him, apologise a lot, and hand him a bouquet of flowers

Colby🏈: really?

NateH🎼: no.
NateH🎼: now, I need to sleep, I'm pretty sure I've got a test in the morning. Gn dude.

Colby🏈: gn

So that was a fail. Nate was no help at all, and the only piece of information that he gave me, was what the word 'ironic' meant. It did cross my mind how he knew that I was talking about a dude, but I trusted Nate and I knew he wouldn't tell anybody.

I thought about the fact that we had one more studying session at my house tomorrow, so I needed to say sorry by then, otherwise I'd be standing in some deep shit.