Sam - Disagreement

Unfortunately, my weekend had to leave, and a new weekday began. I woke up with a smile on my face, feeling overall more optimistic. I had been feeling this way recently, but I just thought it was because I had made a new, unexpected friend. I got dressed, had breakfast and got into my car, Ben hopping in aswell. Like the week prior, I stopped at Kat's house and picked her up, driving all three of us to school.

"Hey Nate!" He stood outside of the brick building, walking in side by side in with me. "How was your weekend Sam?" I had no intention telling him about what had happened, but it kind of just slipped out, one thing leading to another. Nate was... surprised, to say the least.

Stopping in the middle of the crowded hallway, he yelled his remark, "You had a water fight. With a jock. In your kitchen. And he slept in your bed... with you?! AAAAHHHGGGGGG!"
"Nate, calm down, it's not that big of a deal." I darted my head either side, hoping that no one heard all of that without context. He paused the screaming, pondered with a sincere look on his face, then spoke, "I just... I don't want this to turn down a negative route. Colby's so popular, you know, being sporty and all, and I don't want him to manipulate you. He might turn against you, and you're my friend, I don't want that."

I could tell I had a hurt look on my face, because I was feeling hurt as well. "Y-y-you don't know him! He's my friend. I trust him, but if you don't, too bad for you I guess!" I'm pretty sure I rolled my eyes, trying to seem cool after speaking such a strangely worded sentance. Fixing up my backpack strap, I stormed off, all while a storm of words started forming in my mind.

The next few hours were filled with anxious thoughts, feelings and worries, mainly surrounding Colby. I think Nate tried to get my attention in the cafeteria, but I ignored him, sitting outside on the table we always sat at, watching the football.

I could just make-out Colby, black shiny hair, strong, tall figure, bending down to kiss a girl... wait, what? He had placed his hands on his knees, bending down to kiss a brunette haired girl, then gotten right back up and started running off to his practice.

Does he have a girlfriend? Why didn't he tell me about her? I was surprised, and for some reason, slightly offended that he wouldn't tell me about this. Like, I know we're not good friends, but I still thought that he would tell me about something as large as having a girlfriend. I'm not crazy, right?

Being so enthralled in the drama that was unfolding, I didn't realise that I had been nervous-eating my sandwich, so much so that it was all gone. I frowned with disappointment, sighing, and then getting up to go to the library.