Sam - Reconnect

No matter how much energy I still had left in me seconds before, it all slipped away the second that I was pushed in front of him. That last thing that I would want to do was fight him! We didn't look at each other for the most part, awkwardly standing a few feet apart. I had no intention of hurting anybody, but then Josh screamed at us, and I had a thought. A thought that made me disgusted and angry, a thought that made me feel terrible... for him.

My palms were sweaty, but I felt them curl into fists, and one of my legs scootet forward a little bit.

But before I knew it, I was sprinting.

My feet had left the ground before my consciousness, and I moved without thinking, yet I agreed completely with myself.

I hit reasonably hard against him, and my arms wrapped around his torso on impact. I tightened my grip around him, and I never wanted to let go. My head was buried in his chest, and all I could smell was his cologne. It felt overwhelmingly comforting, but I had to raise my head eventually.

We were eye to eye, his were open, and were pin-pointed, "S-S-Sam?" His voice was shaky, but I never would've blamed him.

"Colby." He blinked a few times, and his eyes returned to normal. Colby gave me a little grin, and I felt his arms wrap around me. We hugged for a few seconds, and those were the best few seconds of my life. It felt like all of the world around us disappeared as soon as our chins rested on the other's shoulder.

Our moment was ruined by Seth cackling, and Josh responding to him, "Told ya' they were gay as fuck!" I looked over at them, they were laughing hysterically and patting each other on the backs as they did so. I scrunched up my face, and let go of Colby. The laughing coming from the boys made me feel sick, and apparently, Colby wasn't any different. He took a step forward, "Seth, Josh, sto-" I placed my hand on his chest as to stop him from going any closer.

"Y'know what, you little biggots?" I jogged closer, but they hardly stopped looking at the floor, still chuckling. "What, fag-"

I slapped him. I slapped the Jesus out of Seth (not that there was any in him anyways).

This time, it was Colby laughing, and I heard him from a few feet away. Surprisingly, neither of the homophobes fought back, instead, Seth just grabbed Josh's arm and pulled it tightly to alert him of the physical violence, (He was still laughing a bit) they scowled and then walked away.

I smiled proudly, standing and watching them fumble away, but that didn't last long because I felt a pair of hands grab me by my ribs and pick me up. Before I knew it, Colby had picked me up and into his arms like I was a baby and light as a feather. "Sam, I'm so, so sorry. I fucked up really badly, and the fact that I didn't even ask! I'm sor-"

I placed my index finger up to his lips to hush him. "I need to apologise too. The fact that I just ran out without talking to you, wasn't cool." Colby pondered for a few seconds, looking up as to think, before he bent down (with me still in his arms) and picked some flowers. Well, not really flowers... weeds. But they were from the heart. The "flowers" that he had picked were multiple blooms branching off of one stem, and they were red in colour. Tiny buds of bright scarlett red.

He grinned at me, and handed them to me as he let me back down onto the ground. "I love them."