Sam - Caffeinated

I had made a fool of my usually strict, 'One cup of coffee per day' rule, demolishing it by four more cups. Keeping my body in a healthy and repetitive time table had always been my rules for myself, but then again, so many unspoken rules had been broken in the last few days alone.

I was out the door at an unusually quick time that morning, despite the unhappy feeling that was growing in my gut. The mix of a horrendous amount of caffeine, too little sleep, and a terrible feeling of dread, were not pleasant feelings to be having all at once, and it seemed like the whole world knew about it and was against me.

Firstly, I wasn't able to find an empty parking spot for a good ten minutes, which meant, even though I had left extra early that morning, that I was late for my first class. Then, I dropped all of my books in the middle of the hallway as I was running, and lastly, I walked into class, and Nate looked at me with the most devious smile I had ever seen.

"What the hell? Why are you looking at me like that?" I harshly whispered, as I slid into the desk next to his. "Oh, no reason. Just the fact that Colby messaged me last night,well technically, this morning." I felt my mouth fall open a bit, and my eyes grew wide.

Had he told Nate? He's told Nate hasn't he! Oh no! Nate's gonna tell everybody, and then I'll have to come out to everyone at a school assembly after I address the rumours that have been rapidly spreading through the school about 'Sam the gay kid', 'Sam the pussy', 'Sam-

"Sam? Samuel!" The magical trance that I had been encased in was broken as a pair of wart-laiden fingers, snapped in my face. It was my elderly advisory teacher, and he had been trying to take attendance while I was in my state of severe shock. "Get away from me!" I yelled at him instinctively, and my hand shot up to my mouth as I did so. "What did you jus-"
"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to, I was just uh..."
"I don't need an excuse, boy. Say another word like that to me and you'll start turning into a useless brat, like that kid Colby! Psh!" He cursed under his breath. At this point, the whole class had turned around to see what was happening.

"Shut up! Colby is not useless, and he is certainly not a brat! You on the other hand, you whiny, frail, old, corn-shaped man, don't deserve to be able to teach children, because if this is what you say about them, then you are the useless one."

I didn't cover my mouth, or apologise. He didn't deserve it. He, however, started slow clapping in attempt to patronize me, "Bravo, Mr. Golbach! Bravo indeed. You have just earned yourself a week's after-school detention."

"As long as your not supervising it, I'm not mad." I wriggled back into the chair, to see Nate with the stupid smile on his face again.

*

The cafeteria was surprisingly quiet, with the loudest noise being the occasional dropping of a cheap metal tray of food, so we spent a bit more time in there then usual. Nate and I were able to find a spot to sit that wasn't even close to the trash bins, or toilets, instead, we were facing towards the window, and right on the other side of us was the table that we usually sat at outside. It was a lovely day, winds blowing gently through the softly swaying trees, birds chirping happily, an empty lunchbox that I had forgotten to pack.

The amount of caffeine I had consumed that morning had refrained me from doing anything productive, and I was now realising that that was how I was able to leave so early that morning.

I sighed, as a painfully conveniently timed stomach growl shook my abdomen. Nate took note of the situation and laughed. "You know what, Nate? I'm starting to realise you might not be such good friend material."
"Hah! I know, but you'd never get rid of me, would you Sammy-wammy." His finder dabbed my nose as he put on a high-pitched voice.

"Uhg! You make me so ang-"

"Aww... poor Colby looks so sad," I was unterupted by him, 'cause he had seen... someone, in the yard, "We should go say hello, ya' know, cheer him up! C'mon!" I was shoved off of the stool I had been slouched apon, and shuffled over to him, who had been strolling towards the table. All of a sudden though, we were pushed back, and we stumbled back into the building before we could see who it was, but it didn't take to many guesses.

Josh and Seth strode closer to the table-dweller, before Seth purposefully smacked his shoulder into the raven-haired's back.

(I'm sorry about the late posting, I kind of forgot 🙁. It is sort of good though, as I might not be able to post the next chapter that has been scheduled, as I will be away and without access to my mobile phone. I hope you guys understand ❤❤)