Chapter 20

On the way back to the hotel, Chen Dong Lan kept the toy snowman clutched in his palm.

His other hand was held by Yuan Yuan.

As inconceivable and dreamlike as it seemed, they had already kissed.

Chen Dong Lan felt secure.

He wouldn't let go. Even if Yuan Yuan regretted it in the next second, he wouldn't let go.

When they went to the restaurant for dinner, Yuan Yuan decided on two dishes at random, then asked Chen Dong Lan what he would like to eat.

He foresaw that he would waste a lot of time with Chen Dong Lan on this question.

Chen Dong Lan recalled with difficulty, "It seems like I like everything."

Yuan Yuan crossed his arms. "Do you like broccoli?"

Chen Dong Lan pondered quietly and was surprised to find that he had lied. "Not very much."

"Celery?"

"Not bad."

"Tomatoes?"

"I like it a lot."

"Coriander?"

"I don't really eat that."

Yuan Yuan asked about one ingredient after another. Sure enough, he found that many of his favourite foods were things that Chen Dong Lan did not really eat, but had previously cooked and eaten together with him.

Yuan Yuan called for the server and added some dishes based on the ingredients he had just asked about.

Chen Dong Lan looked at the names of the dishes, and he asked hesitantly, "Do you like to eat all of these?"

"As long as you like it. You don't have to cater to my tastes every time." Yuan Yuan said. "You can be more self-indulgent in front of me. As much as you want, it doesn't matter."

Chen Dong Lan's heart rate suddenly increased, and he was embarrassed to meet Yuan Yuan's eyes, lowering his head to play with the toy snowman.

He would keep it well and change its batteries every year to ensure it could keep singing.

After dinner, the sky had already darkened. They returned to the couple suite called "Island Love". When they opened the door, both of them stared.

Yuan Yuan's perspiration nearly fell.

He should have checked the decorative style of the couple suites first.

Previously, they were in an emotional state and only had eyes for each other. They hadn't noticed the dimly lit room, the large round bed with its heart-shaped pillows and the rose petals scattered on top.

He felt that, based on their personalities, they could actually have gotten a more elegant and graceful room...

Moreover, the bed shouldn't have been placed right upon coming in. The sexual implications were too severe.

Nobody spoke. The room was very quiet, and the atmosphere was ambiguous like never before.

Yuan Yuan responded first. "Let me turn on the television for you."

Chen Dong Lan nodded stiffly. "Okay."

In the end, right when the television was turned on, there was news of a young couple in a hotel room, with the girl being held by her parents and the boy fleeing the hotel with his shirt undone.

Yuan Yuan:..

Chen Dong Lan: ...

He grabbed the remote control to switch channels. This time it was normal, a very proper historical drama.

Forcefully trying to overlook the previous atmosphere, Chen Dong Lan said unnaturally, "This should be quite a show."
Yuan Yuan glanced at the time. They had spent a lot of time on the snow and at the restaurant, and it was late. "Then I'll go wash up first."

Chen Dong Lan gripped the toy snowman, repeatedly nodding his head to the point of it nearly falling off.
Yuan Yuan came out from the bathroom and changed into his pyjamas.

Chen Dong Lan glanced at him and saw that his top wasn't buttoned all the way, exposing a small area of his chest. He quickly turned his head away with a red face.

Yuan Yuan said, "Go and wash up. Let's rest early."

Chen Dong Lan grabbed his travel bag and ran into the bathroom holding his breath. He closed the door, then started taking in big gulps of air.

After he had changed into his pyjamas, Yuan Yuan had already swept all the rose petals off the bed and was lying under the covers playing with his phone.

Seeing Chen Dong Lan standing at the bathroom door motionless, he put down his phone and patted the space beside him. "Come over."

Chen Dong Lan's heart was beating so fast that it was about to jump out of his chest. He walked over and timidly laid beside Yuan Yuan.

Yuan Yuan propped his head up and looked at him. "Didn't you say you wanted to do it again? Why were you dawdling?"

Chen Dong Lan knew what he was talking about and with bright eyes, said, "I wanted to be fast as well, but when I was changing, I couldn't button properly."

Yuan Yuan thought of what happened when they were here last time and chuckled, "Does that happen once you get nervous?"
Chen Dong Lan was ashamed and hummed in acknowledgement.

• Mild NSFW scene