Chapter 6

Yuan Yuan understood himself very well. He was someone who was very stingy with feelings.
Citing a very obvious example: he would cordially entertain a guest who came from afar, personally shuttling him around, making hotel arrangements, and acting as a guide, but would not let him stay at his home.

He always treated the people around him well, showing them the appropriate care. Everyone said that he was a thoughtful person, and being with him, always felt that they were being looked after by him. But Yuan Yuan knew the feelings that he gave were limited to this, and they were only on the surface.

On the other hand, he would prevent others from being too nice to him.

Because this was how feelings were, what was given out would one day be collected. A person being extremely cordial to you, would surely hope to receive the same in return. Yuan Yuan understood clearly that he would not give it, so he was not willing to accept it.

He could accept Chen Dong Lan cooking, but he would not let him wash the dishes as well. He would let Chen Dong Lan help him celebrate his birthday, but this would not be more important than any other appointment. He left Chen Dong Lan to wait for him late into the night for his return home, but he wouldn't allow him to do anything else for him.

He could allow Chen Dong Lan to treat him as his best friend, or even his only friend, but in no way would he permit him to invest even more.

Because he couldn't return it, right?
After questioning himself, Yuan Yuan distanced himself from Chen Dong Lan.

He thought that this was something that he was used to doing.

He genuinely thought so.
After the hotel staff told Yuan Yuan that he could come back two hours later to collect the clothes, he returned to the room.

When he entered the room, Chen Dong Lan was putting on a cardigan.

Yuan Yuan watched for a few seconds, then laughed. He walked over, pulled Chen Dong Lan's hands aside and helped him to button it up.

"How old are you already? How could you still button it wrongly?"

Chen Dong Lan placed his hands stiffly at his sides. "Maybe I'm not too familiar."

"Does wearing clothes have anything to do with familiarity?" Once the buttoning was done, he looked him over. "It's a little big."

Chen Dong Lan wasn't much shorter than him, but he was thinner overall. On Yuan Yuan, it would be just right. On him, it was conspicuously loose.

But, Chen Dong Lan didn't think so. He said, "It's just right. It's just right." With that, he put on a black down coat.

Yuan Yuan twisted the ends of his hair. "Don't be in such a hurry to wear your coat. Blow dry your
hair first."

With the touch of his hand, Chen Dong Lan shrunk away slightly.

Because of the softness in his hand, Yuan Yuan looked at him as if he were looking at some kind of plush animal.

Chen Dong Lan seemed unwilling to take off his coat. "My hair is very short and will dry very quickly."

Yuan Yuan flatly overruled. "You'll catch a cold. I'll help you."

Chen Dong Lan stopped him. "I'll do it myself." Without waiting for Yuan Yuan's reply, he went to sit beside the hairdryer. The hotel's hairdryer was affixed to the wall and that position was a tight fit for two men, so Yuan Yuan didn't insist.
He stood one side, looking at Chen Dong Lan's nape.

It was impossible for Chen Dong Lan not to sense it. His movements were stiff and he wanted to turn his head to look. But every time his neck turned a little, he turned back. "You... .you're here with nothing to do. Aren't you bored? Xiao Zhou sprained her ankle. Aren't you going to take a look?"