Travel Tip #11: Take A Tour

When Chad woke up on the couch, it was night

     When Chad woke up on the couch, it was night. He had been sleeping several hours, and he was well aware of this because the room was pitch black. There was also no sign of Rachel nor was there any sign of their lunch, which caused Chad to wonder if her visit had been nothing more than a dream he had while sleeping on the couch. Yet there was a note that on the door that confirmed it wasn't a dream at all. Chad got up of the couch and walked up to the note that was taped to the back of the main door leading out to the hallway, which read:

Chad,

Had fun watching movies but chose to let you sleep things off. Please meet me in the lobby tomorrow morning at nine sharp. I've made plans and would like you to join me on a little adventure.

Sincerely,
Rachel

     Chad looked at the letter and read it a few times. He knew that it was dangerous for him not to take Rachel up on her offer, but the tone of the letter suggested that she wanted to spend more time with him after having fun today. What kind of adventure did she want to take him on? He had no clue, but the last thing he wanted to do was make her angry. Very much like the incredible Hulk, Chad didn't like to see Rachel mad, and he wasn't eager to give her a reason to attack him again. Chad took a deep breath, put the note down on the table beside the door and checked his watch. It was too late for dinner, so he chose to go order room service again. This time out he ordered a chicken Caesar salad with extra dressing, a few bottles of alcoholic apple cider, and a piece of cheesecake for dessert. While he was waiting for his food to arrive, he turned on the television and turned over to the national news to see what the top stories were. A few moments after he tuned into the news, the video he didn't want to see came flashing up in front of him. The video of Chad tossing Rachel into the pool had gone so viral that it was now being covered on television. Chad was pretty sure Peters wasn't liking this one bit, but there was nothing either of them could do about it. Chad knew from experience that trying to quell something after it goes viral always has the opposite reaction, with more attention rather than less. Chad rewound the video a few times and watched is again, impressed with his fireman's carry and the body slam into the pool. The report also happened to mention that Rachel was in training for her next title defense, which was going to be in less than two months. The news anchor was speaking to the league's CEO on a video feed, asking him what Rachel was doing in paradise while she should have been training for her big fight. The owner of the company did his best to do damage control.

     "Rachel takes her training very seriously," the CEO replied, "But she's not a machine. Sometimes you need to take a break and recharge. When she gets back from her vacation, Rachel is going to hit the gym and be ready to defend her title."

     Chad decided to record the program, thinking Rachel might want to see that the next time she popped over. Once his meal arrived, Chad surfed to other channels to see what was going on in the world. Once his salad was gone, so was his interest as Chad turned the television off. As he stood up to grab something, he felt a slight pain in his foot. Chad looked down and realized he hadn't been following doctor's orders as much as he should have been. He left the Presidential Suite to head back down to the lobby and the infirmary, just to check his foot and make sure it was all right. The nurse didn't even ask what he needed as she instructed him to hop up and show her the foot. She looked impressed as she started to clean the bite up again like she had so many times before that week.