Travel Tip #8: Avoid Hostility

There was a path leading from the beach to the resort, something that was a lovely perk for those who were staying at the lagoon

     There was a path leading from the beach to the resort, something that was a lovely perk for those who were staying at the lagoon. You had the option of enjoying the pool by the resort or just taking a small hike of five minutes to the beach and the ocean, which many people liked. As Chad and Frankie were running down this path and jumping around people walking to the beach, they didn't even look back to see how close or far behind them Miss Ultimate Fighter was. About halfway down the path, Chad had an idea, and he tossed his toy rifle into a specific bush that he remembered passing by on the way to the beach. It was a unique bush, which meant he could come back and claim his toy later and also allowed him to run faster and less awkwardly.

     "Frankie," Chad called out, "You got a spare shirt in that bag?"

     "Yeah," Frankie replied.

     "Don't stop running," Chad instructed him, "And change into it."

     Chad had a spare shirt in his bag as well in case his got wet, and he did the same, awkwardly changing one arm at a time while changing the bag from one arm to the other with surprising co-ordination. This changed him from a black zombie shirt, into a bright red shirt that had the logo for his favorite hockey team. After stuffing the shirt back into his bag, he ran up and took Frankie's back and towel from him to make it easier for the little guy to do the same. It took the two of them less than two minutes to run the path back to the hotel, which was surprising considering the bite on Chad's foot. He was too worried about the black eye the lady chasing them would give him to worry about his foot at that particular moment. When they got to the pool, he just stopped and ripped around the corner to steal a bar stool. Chad was gambling that the woman chasing them would assume they both went back to their rooms and would run into the building instead of staying outside. It was a gamble, but the odds were she'd run into the resort rather than look around.

     "Double White Russian, Sir?" the bartender asked.

     "Yes," Chad replied, pleasantly surprised. "Expeditiously, please."

     "What about me," Frankie said, "Where do I hide?"

     "Pass me your stuff," Chad said as he walked over and took the kid's stuff just seconds before shoving him into the pool with the rest of the kids. Chad took Frankie's bag and towel back to the bar with him and sat back down.

     "Your drink, Sir." the bartender said, handing it to him.

     "Thank you," Chad said, as he slipped the man a fifty dollar bill, "I've been here at least fifteen minutes and this is my third drink, Comprede?"

     "Yes, Sir." The bartender said, paying for the drink and pocketing the rest of the tip. He knew exactly what Chad was asking for and was willing to play along, hoping that his compliance would lead to another substantial tip.

     Chad was lying low at the bar, with his head down as he sipped the drink. Frankie stayed in the pool and kept the water up to his shoulders so it would be hard for anyone looking for him to spot him. It was while he was hiding in the water when he noticed something that might expose them. His parents, Doris and Frankie Senior, were sitting on the other side of the pool, catching some rays. Unfortunately, it only took the two of them a few moments to spot Chad sitting at the bar, and Doris pointed him out as Frankie Senior got up and walked over to the bar.