Travel Tip #9: Fine Dining

Chad waited patiently in the lobby for everyone else to come down

     Chad waited patiently in the lobby for everyone else to come down. He left a message with both Frankie Senior and Doris via text to meet him in the lobby. Surprisingly no one asked for extra time, and he stood there watching for any of them to exit the elevator. The first to arrive was Frankie Senior and Junior as they strolled up to where he was standing. While not as immaculate as Chad, both Senior and Junior still looked very nice in their suits. It wasn't until the women came down to meet up when them did both Chad and Frankie Senior both get blown away. Both Doris and Rachel were wearing some rather expensive cocktail dresses, some almost as impressive as Chad's suit.

     "Doris," Frankie Senior started, "You look absolutely amazing, but how much did that cost me?"

     "Nothing," Rachel replied, "Mr. Barrington said I could get whatever I wanted, and I wanted Doris to look amazing tonight as well."

     "I did say that," Chad confirmed, "And it was money well spent."

     Rachel looked at Chad and seemed impressed. "Vanquish?"

     "Number Two." Chad added.

     "Very nice," Rachel said as she offered him her arm.

     "I think we're a tad overdressed for the dining room." Doris concluded.

     "We're not going there," Chad informed her. "There is a car waiting to take us all to an establishment deserving of our attire. This way, please."

     Chad walked them all to the limo that was waiting outside. The driver was already out of the vehicle and holding the door open for them. It took the limo less than ten minutes to drive out to their destination, and the driver was quick to hop out and open the door for him again.

     "I will be here waiting till you are finished, Sir." The driver informed him.

     "Good man," Chad said as he slipped him a fifty.

     "Thank you," the man said with a bow.

     When they all strolled into the restaurant, it was an elegant sight and as Chad had indicated it was fitting for their attire. They all strolled up to the table in the waiting area where the maître de was checking his books.

     "Can I help you?" he asked without even looking up.

     "Reservation for Barrington," Chad said, waiting to be noticed.

     The maître de looked up and as he recognized the call that he had gotten a short time ago. The suit was even more astonishing than the manager had alleged. His words had done it no justice. He grabbed five menus, "A pleasure to see you Mr. Barrington. Right this way please."

     Everyone followed the maître de to a very private table that was waiting for them. After handing everyone their menu, the man started to speak to them in a different language which was clear to them all was French. Before anyone could respond, Chad spoke first as he engaged with the maître de in the same language. Everyone watched in amazement as the two of them spoke for a few minutes before he nodded and then left the table.