Zora couldn't believe her fake tears actually worked. She smiled inwardly. Maybe Damon was not as hard hearted as she thought. She looked at him, her eyes flashing between yellow and white.

“We're sorry for the misunderstanding as well.” She forced a smile.

“You can go have dinner now.” He gestured for them to leave and they nodded.

Immediately they left, he sighed and ruffled his hair. He wasn't still sure about them and he was going to keep an eye on them. That way, he'd be able to find out if they were saying the truth or not. For now, he just have to get along with them and make them think he trusts them.

He followed them to the dining room where Elora was already waiting for them.

“What took you guys so long?” She asked and they smiled at her.

“We just wanted to take care of something, but we're here now and damn hungry.” Lucien said and they chuckled.

“Please sit down,” Elora gestured for them to sit and immediately they sat down, the maids walked in and served them. “You have something on your hair,” She said to Damon and he brought his hair closer for her to help him take it off.

While they were busy, Zora injected the food in front of her and cleared her throat and the two lovebirds looked at her.

“You two know we're about to eat, right? We don't want hair in our food, please.” She teased and they laughed as Elora brought her hands down from Damon's hair.

“Sorry, I couldn't resist.” Elora smiled.

“That's fine. That's how she behaves whenever we're alone too. Forget that she's acting tough here.” Lucien glanced at Zora.

She hit his shoulder. “Shhh, stop that!”

Elora smiled. “It's fine. Let's eat, shall we?” Elora took a fork but Zora stopped her.

“Luna, is it okay if I switch with you? Mine isn't looking appealing to me.” She pouted.

“Hope you aren't pregnant?” Lucien asked and they chuckled.

“Shut up!” Zora snapped at him.

“I need to ask because your food looks totally fine and it's disrespect to ask the Luna for hers.” Lucien scolded her.

Damon said nothing and just watched them, finding them amusing.

“Allow the Luna speak for herself. Stop acting like you're sensible.”

“It's okay, it's okay,” Elora stopped them from bickering. “There's no need to fight or argue. You're mates and shouldn't act like partners in crime,” She said and they sighed, nodding in the process. “It's totally fine if she wants mine. It's the same food after all.” She gave Zora hers and collected the one Zora held.

“How about you take mine and I'll help you with that?” Lucien offered as he tried to collect the one Zora gave Elora from her.

Elora shook her head. “There's no need for that, Damon. It's fine.” She smiled at him and started eating.

Zora smiled internally. She had no idea Elora was this daft but all the same, it was all working for her good. Once she gives Elora the third shot, which is the last one for now, all she had to do was wait for it to start manifesting and boy that would make her so happy.

She couldn't wait to gloat over Elora's misery when that happens.

***

Dexter got down from the horse and smiled to himself as he stared at the old hut in front of him.

The place he was, was a desolate part of the woods, where wild animals roam free. He knew how many of them he had to face before getting to where he was now but it was all worth it.

“Lucinda.” He smirked as he muttered the name of the witch.

People said she was the baddest of them all and could shapeshift into any form. One time you see her, she's an old lady, the next time, she's a young vibrant lady. It depends on the day you see her and that has made people unaware of her schemes or what she actually looked like.

Dexter didn't care about her looks, though. All he wanted was her help with the “perfect” plan he had drafted. He was told that she was powerful and could do pretty much anything. He couldn't wait to see what she had in stock for him.

He took slow strides to the door of the hut and placed a soft knock on it. He heard nothing like a “come in” but the door opened of its own accord and he walked in confidently.

A lady appeared in front of him, her blue hair cascading down her back as she had her back turned to him.

“Lucinda.” He called again and she cackled, turning to face him immediately, her eyes white as snow.

“You survived and came all the way here. Only those who are determined, makes it here alive. What do you want from me, Dexter?” She asked.

Dexter wasn't surprised that she knew his name. She was as powerful as they say; he could feel it. Instantly, he knew he was in the right place and she was the only one that could help him.

“I need your help with power, Lucinda. I want to be unstoppable. I want to have a power so great, no one would be able to question or defeat me.” He said.

Lucinda cackled. “I know the kind of power you want. You want to take over a kingdom or rather a pack.”

“Yes.” He answered.

“I'll grant your request but it will come with a price.” She smirked.

“Name your price.” Dexter was determined.

She appeared in front of him like flash and drew circles on his chest. “I want something from you, Dexter.” She whispered.

“I'll give you whatever you want. Name it!”

“I want your soul.”