[25] Plan

"Hey you midget! Why aren't you wearing your uniform?" Ayan was sitting on the stairs at the basketball court during his lunch break. He was writing something into his leather diary while listening to music when out of nowhere a tall boy, who Ayan recognised as the head prefect because of his different looking badge, was approaching him. Akk stood right behind him with an apologetic expression on his face.

Trying not to roll his eyes, Ayan took one of his earbuds out of his ear as he studied the head prefect. The head prefect was even taller than Akk, who was already almost a head taller than Ayan, and had a serious, almost intimidating aura surrounding him. Ayan made a mental note to himself to be careful around him as he seemed quite dangerous and could get in his way in the future.

"I've just asked you something. Are you mute or what?" The head prefect continued, when Ayan didn't answer, and kept looking at him with an provoking smirk on his face.

"No. But I would like to be called by my actual name and not midget." Ayan finally snapped, packing his things together to leave. "And I can wear whatever I want. Good bye. It was nice to know you."

"Wait! I am not done with y-" The head prefect began but was interrupted by Akk.

"Mes, let me take care of this. You can leave." Akk tried to calm him down. But to no avail.

"No, this midget just disrespected m-"

"Arghhhh!!!"

Suddenly loud screams could be heard from the distance. Akk and Mes turned their heads at the same time to see where the screaming was coming from. It seemed like there was an argument between some students.

"Mes, can you please go and check up on that? I can really take care of this by myself." Akk suggested with a pleading tone, leaving Mes no choice but to do as Akk ordered even if rather unwillingly. He gave Ayan one last angry look, as if to say that this conversation was not over, and soon left to settle the fight.

When Mes disappeared and they were left alone Ayan suddenly grabbed Akk's hand and began to ran out of the school ground, dragging Akk behind him.

"Ayan, where are you taking me?" Akk asked in shock and tried to free himself from Ayan's grip. He didn't want people to see them together since no one knew they were getting close. Not even his Khan and Wat knew about their "friendship". "We still have class!"

"I know. Let me just treat you to something. As a thank you for helping me with that scary guy," Ayan said with a smile. Since the day he and Akk made up, Ayan had been in a surprisingly good mood, which didn't seem like going away any time soon. Even though Akk had made him promise to act as if they didn't known each other when they were in school.

But Ayan didn't mind. He understood why Akk didn't want to be associated with him. Because it would be too suspicious that the school prefect and the scapegoat were friends.

-

Ayan went straight to the library because there was no one there as the students were all eating lunch outside.

"Aye, what are we doing here?" Akk asked, still frightened to get caught by other students, as they walked to a table in the corner of the library, well hidden behind the tall bookshelves.

"Just have lunch with me, Akk." Ayan smiled, enjoying spending time alone and in peace.

"Please!" He begged again with a pleading look on his face when Akk didn't answer. Akk couldn't resist Ayan's puppy face and gave in in defeat.

"Yes!!!" Ayan cheered and pulled out a large lunch box and two drinks from his bag. Akk, who hadn't eaten anything today, looked at the food with a voracious gaze.