Chapter 11

(I recovered from the illness I had, and I managed to throw out chapter 11 with relative speed. I hope to be able to do the same thing for chapter 12, however I hope you like the story and suggestion are always welcome here)

Sea near Sadr base, 3:45 PM 30 September 1958

A Martin MK II Seaplane modified to contain two radios, one for constant radio contact with the base and another for communicating with aircraft and ships without disturbing command

 The seaplane was gracefully approaching a large group of ships that it had recognized from the lines of smoke

 The radio operator was scanning the airwaves when you heard a line, "This is Captain Myrus, personnel number 1293029, can you hear me?"

 The Radio Operator quickly responds, "This is Martin 234, 13th Squadron, we can hear you loud and clear"

 Myrus then happily replied, "Good, we are about to come out of the clouds on your right flank so please don't shoot."

A Grumman S-2 Tracker comes out of the clouds and approaches the seaplane the pilot gets a little scared but calms down seeing no armament on the twin-engine plane so the radio operator counts the command, "Command, we have contacted Captain Myrus identification number 1293029, we also contacted a twin-engine aircraft of unknown nationality, probably an aircraft carrier aircraft"

 Upon hearing that name and number, the officer in command of the radio station who was a friend of Myrus says, "Yes, the number is correct, is the plane armed?"

The radio operator responds, "No, no apparent weapons seen."

 The officer had meanwhile sent a soldier to call Admiral Raider

 In the seaplane The observer had replaced The radio operator in speaking to this new nation and the two planes were approaching the group of ships

 Myrus then said, "This is the US Navy, they are taking us back to base."

 The American Fleet now composed of 4 BB, 1 CB, 1 CVA, 2 CAG, 2 CLG, 4 DL, 1 DDG and 15 DD is moving towards the port

 Radio operator seeing the Fleet said on the radio, "Command, we have encountered a fleet Captain Myrus told us it belongs to the Americans,  there are 6 capital ships including an aircraft carrier at least 300 m long!"

Hearing this the officer takes the radio microphone and says, "Tell me where you are specifically."

 Then the navigator turns and says, "We are 10 km from the south-east base, I don't think it is visible from the base due to the cliffs blocking the view"

 Hearing this the officer headed where the Fleet was located right in the place where in two months work was to be done to make the area more visible for the base while he was thinking Admiral Raider enters the room greeting everyone, the officer he starts to turn but the admiral tells him, "Let's focus on the situation and goodbye later, give me a report on what's happening"

 The officer clears his throat and begins, "The merchant ship La Casima contacted us saying that it was returning to the base and that it couldn't hear us, probably a radio failure. I sent a Martin because they said they had an escort, the Martin has radio contact Captain Myrus seems to be with the "Americans" a nation unknown to us but seems very modern with at least one aircraft carrier"

The intelligible admiral said, "This situation is very dangerous, thank goodness we removed all the naval mines after the war."

 The officer replied, "It's not as bad as it may seem, from what I understand from the situation they are a very armed escort but it would still be wise to prepare for the worst."