Final Wish

WARNING MIGHT UPSET SOME PEOPLE.

"Mum...?" Luke says, walking to her hospital bed. I quickly follow him. He sits beside her bed and stares down at her.
"Luke?" She croaks.
"Mum... What's happened?" He weakly says.
I stare at her pale face, then at the hospital walls.
"I don't want to upset you Luke but 4 months ago I found out I had Cancer... It's spread all around my body now and is incurable. I'm so sorry Luke." His mum whispers.
I walk to Luke who's crying and pull him into a hug.
"Who's this then?" She says through tears.
"Mum... This is Elizabeth, my girlfriend." He cries, taking my hand.
He squeezes it and weakly smiles at me.
I slightly smile back at him, then at his mum.
"I'm Liz sweetie" she smiles at me, shaking my hand gently.
"Nice to meet you" I smile at her.
Liz smiles at Luke.
"Oooooh and she's British. I'm very proud of you Lukey" she smiles.
"Thanks mum... I'm not leaving your side by the way. We will stay here until we HAVE to leave... Love you mum" Luke cries.
Tears fill my eyes and I sit beside Luke.
"No, I don't want that. I want you two to be happy and live your lives, not sit beside me. I'll be fine." She smiles.
Luke shakes his head.
"I love you mum... We are gonna get through this aren't we?" He says sadly.
Luke's mum stares at him.
"I only really have 2 weeks left Luke. I'm not going to lie to you." She sobs.
Luke throws his head into the side of her bed and cries.
She strokes his head gently and hushes him like a baby. This is really awkward.
I hug him gently.
"Mum what's your last wish?" Luke says, wiping his eyes.
"To see you, Elizabeth and your brothers happy." She smiles tearfully.
"I've got an idea. Mum I'll be back tomorrow. I promise." He says before pulling me out.
"Eliza, would you marry me if I asked?" Luke anxiously stutters as we drive back to his place.
"Well yeah... Obviously." I reply and smile.
He grins and we get back to his place.
"I'm gonna leave you here for a bit with Jack and Ben. They'll look after you and get you settled in. Bye babe" he says, practically shoving me out the car.
I grab my suitcase and knock on the door.
Luke speeds off as a man with a slight beard, looking a little like Luke answers.
"Hello?" He asks.
"Oh hi. I'm Luke's girlfriend Elizabeth. He said I could come in. I don't know where he's going..." I laugh nicely.
"Oh, I'm Ben. Come on in." He smiles and invites me in.
I go into their house, which is very nice and slip off my black vans.
"This is Jack" Ben says, introducing the other guy who looks a lot like Ben.
I shake his hand and smile.
"Do you want a beer?" Ben asks.
"Do you have water please?" I smile.
He nods and gets me a glass of water.
I sip it before putting it on the table.
"Sit down, sit down!" Jack smiles.
I sit on the edge of their couch and cross my legs.
"You know, you can make yourself at home. You might be our future sister-in-law, please just slouch around. It's fine!" Jack jokes.
I giggle and slightly sit back.
"Luke's told us a lot about you. He also said that he had loved you before a game or something?" Ben smiles and sits down.
He's such a dork omg.
"Oh haha. I never knew that. We were best friends and then... Yeah. He went out with a girl called Melissa before... None of us approved haha" Jack laughs.
I laugh and smile at him.
"You seem nice and natural... Luke's type." Ben smiles.
I smile and nod to him.
"Could you show me where I'm sleeping please? I've got to put my suitcase up there!" I smile.
Ben leads me to Luke's room and smirks at the penguin teddy sitting on his bed.
"He's still very childish. Can you tell?" He laughs.
I laugh back before Ben leaves me to it.
I put away my stuff before sitting on the edge of the bed.
I pick up the teddy and smile at it. It's actually really cute.
I place my cuddly toy beside it and smile.
The monkey and the penguin. I giggle slightly before changing into more comfortable clothes.
I'm actually really tired.
I tuck myself into bed and gently fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up the find Luke scurrying around the room and putting on a suit.
"Why are you so formal?" I laugh.
"Well I want to surprise you. Anyway get up and put on a cute outfit!!" Luke smiles.
I smile back at him and bite my lip.
Is this the day he'll propose? Do I actually want to get married?
I grab my yellow summery dress and put on some black heels.
I'm almost as tall as Luke but not quite.
I'm not feeling the heels actually. I change into black vans and do my hair in curls. I brush my teeth and wash my face before kissing Luke.
Luke hands me a box and smiles at me. This box isn't a jewellery box though...
I open it to see a Gucci perfume.
"Oh my god... Luke. Thankyou so much!!" I squeal and jump into his arms.
I wrap my legs around his body and he grabs my bum.
"It's ok baby. We've got to get going though. We can finish this later" he smirks.
I quickly put on my perfume before we walk down the stairs.
"Oh going out are we?" Ben smirks.
"Shut it." Luke says.
We walk out and drive to the hospital.
We get to the room where Liz is and Luke goes in.
"Mum I want you to see this." He smiles.
His mum grins at us and Luke gets down on one knee.
"Elizabeth Moran, will you do me the honour of being my wife?" Luke asks anxiously holding out the ring.
I stare at him and smile slightly.
"Of course" I grin.
Liz squeals and claps her hands.
"Welcome to the Hemmings family!!" She says and pulls me into a huge hug.
I take the ring and put it on my finger.
I kiss Luke's lips before a long loud beep starts.
"Mum?!" Luke shouts.
"Luke... Marry her. Keep her. She's a good one... I love you both" Liz whispers before going silent.
Doctors and nurses rush in and hurry us out.
A few shake their heads. The doctor walks out and stares at Luke's crying face.
"I'm so sorry." He says before entering the room again.
Luke falls to the floor and begins cussing and screaming.
I drop to the floor and hug him tightly.
I rock him calmingly and hush him slightly.
I bite back my tears and continue to hug him.

His mum is dead.