"He's damaged. His father dying and my aunt leaving, it changed him. He doesn't know how to show anything other then rage and strength now. Then he met you. You're his weakness. If you aren't accepted into the pack, he might be challenged." She explains.

"Then he should mate someone else." I say. The thought tearing at my heart, surprising me.

"He would never. Mates are the most important to a wolf. He cannot live without you."

"Can I ask you something, and you not tell Daniel." I ask, looking into her eyes.

"Sure." She grabs my hand giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Why did Trevor marry me, have a son with me, If I wasn't his mate?"

"I don't know. She could have died, maybe he never met her. I've heard stories of children being born who scream for months. There mate already dead." I can't help notice the tears in her eyes. She looks down before continuing. "When a wolf is born their souls are split into two. One half living inside of you, the other your mate. You are your strongest self when mated."

I squeeze her hand before letting it go. Turning back to my tea I take another sip. "Do you know who your mate is?" I question, trying to lighten the subject.

Wiping the tears from her face she smiles. "Not yet, but I have a feeling it will be soon. My wolfs been restless lately." She answers. Turning to her tea, she starts drinking.

That's what I like most about our friendship. We are comfortable in silence. I think through everything, finishing off my tea. I look over at Kelly and smile. "Here, give me your cup." I smile.

After washing our cups and placing them in the drying rack, I turn around and smirk at her. "Wanna dress up and go out?" I ask wagging my eyebrows. I need to go out, relax, let loose and forget about all of this. Just for one night.

She laughs. "You have no idea. Come on, let's go raid your new closet."

Walking up to the front of the pack house I put my finger to my mouth, silencing the guards. I open the door slowly walking in, holding it open for Kelly, then close it as quiet as possible. Grabbing Kelly's hand, walking up the stairs as soft as I can, then hear a creak under our feet and cover a laugh that escapes my mouth.

Once upstairs I see Daniel's door open a little and turn to Kelly and signal to her to be quiet and point.

"I can smell you." Daniel's voice startles us, and we run into my room and slam the door shut. Locking it before we both go into a fit of laughter.

"Come on, let's see what we should wear." I say inbetween laughs. Walking over to my closet I open the door wide and walk over to the dresses. I hated shopping with her. I was there for hours. Now I'm glad she kept pulling me from store to store. I won't have to shop for years if I stay here. Pulling out one after the other I throw them on the bench that sits in the middle of the room. Kelly behind me doing the same.

"That's the one!" She cheers.

After ten outfit changes, I'm standing in a red silk dress. It barely reaching below my butt. The front hanging low showing way to much cleavage. She pushes a pair of black heels and I put them on before turning to look at myself in the mirror.

"He'll kill me." I say and laugh. Suits him right. Momma's going out.

"He will be to busy drooling to notice we have left." She smirks . "Go put some mascara on. I'm going to wear that black two piece from earlier." She says while pushing me out of the closet.

Walking into the bathroom I look myself over. Putting on some mascara I step back and mess up my hair. Then spot some red lipstick that matches my dress perfectly. Making sure to apply it carefully before I blot it on some toilet paper. I toss it to the bin and sigh, happily.