Getting out of the bed, I make sure to be quiet as I make my way downstairs. Boomer following me into the kitchen, I open the side door to let her out. Two men standing on either side looking at me. Must be the guards Daniel told me about. Boomer runs around sniffing every tree, bush and spot her nose leads her too. All the new smells exciting her, her tail wagging faster then I'd ever seen. I sit on the step waiting for her to do her business. Staring up at the sky I see the moon in a waxing crescent. Trevor taught me all the phases of the moon, stories behind stars. We would sit out at night, cuddled together as he rambled on and on about myths.

Now I know the truth. The truth behind him leaving so often, the truth on why he always gave roundabout answers when I asked why. I can't seem to wrap my head around why though. Why hide all this when eventually I'd find out. I mean my son turning into a werewolf at sixteen wasn't going to go unnoticed, but maybe he thought I'd be dumb enough not to notice that either.

Boomer's cold wet nose rubbing against my arm grabs my attention. Petting her head I stand up and stretch, turning to go back inside I smile at the two men. "Luna." They acknowledge, bowing their heads.

"Please, just Ally." I laughed, blushing alittle.

"Ally." They say in unison.

I open the door for Boomer to go in and make my way to the kitchen. Filling a bowl from one of the cupboards with water and placing it on the ground, before heading upstairs. I stop between Daniel's and Xale and I's room. Torn, I feel this pull to him. My brain tells me it is just the mate pull, but my heart says it's because I want to. I can't seem to shake away feeling the need for him. I guess that's a part of the mate bond too. At least they explained as much to me.

Going into my room, leaving the door open a crack for Boomer. I walk over to the bed, taking the sweat pants off, I leave them in a heap on the floor and climb on to bed, pulling Xale into my arms.

My mind drifts back to Daniel. I know we are destined by the Moon Goddess now but can't help feeling ashamed. My husband has only been dead a little over a year and I can't seem to get this man off my mind. His touch feels nothing like Trevor's, it's intoxicating. I'm addicted, and it's only been one day. I don't want to do anything to upset Xale.

What I now know is my wolf, whines in the back of my head. Telling me to go to Daniel, but I stay put. A feeling of sadness mixed with longing swirls inside of me. Sad because I know it's best to stay put for Xale, and for me. Mate bond considered, what Alpha would want me? I don't know how this connection is making him feel but I can't put my heart or my son at risk. We can't get attached. We've already lost Trevor.

I push all those thoughts from my head, and drift off quickly. My dreams taking me away.

Waking up to the sound of feet hitting the floor, someone running in my direction I groan. Stupid wolf senses are kicking in. Turning over I cover my head with a pillow, before I feel Xale land on me.

"Momma, Momma. Get up, Daniel made waffles!" He marvelled, jumping up and down on the bed, around me.

"Five more minutes?" I muttered.

"No, no, no, no, no." He yelled, jumping up and down with every no. "Get up, they'll get cold." He replies.

Moving the pillow off my head I look at him. Swinging it and hitting him in his leg, he laughs before grabbing it and hitting me back. "Okay, I'm up." I yawn.

Sliding off the bed, I run my fingers through my hair and follow an excited Xale down the stairs. Walking into the kitchen I spot. Boomer asleep in front of the fridge. Getting a glass I walk towards it and lean forward on the tips of my toes to grab and pour myself some juice. Daniel's shirt rising just below my butt, I feel the cold air touch my skin.