A Guardians Past

Idk past Dreamtale my guy

//////////

Dream- 1st person

The crate was heavy in my hands, the steady flow of each step was weighing on me. It was like I was holding up the whole sky, it weighing on my shoulders, the hardship too difficult of someone of my age. Bones were painted and hued with beautiful sunny yellow magic. Agitated magic that clicked in the air like an axe on wood.

It was painful.

I could feel everyone staring in wonder as the magic crackled and flew, the lightning in a storm of emotions.

The angry magic came from an injury a week ago. I could practically feel the wound like it was yesterday...

On my right arm sat six uneven holes in my arm, stitched together by string. I had been exploring in the woods with some friends, Nightmare staying at the tree.

I had tripped and my arm had smoothly snapped in half like a twig, ending up passing out in the end. I remember the pain and the beautiful golden blood flowing out of my arm before everything faded to black.

Then I was awake and in so much pain. It was like I had not just fallen but stumbled and rolled off a cliff, but I had not. They had "stitched" my arm back together, by cutting holes into my arm and connecting it with string. Then they wrapped it with bandages and told me it would heal. Stars it hurts, and it's all I could think about as the pain grew worse and worse. I wish I asked Nightmare... he knows everything, I wish he was there to help and not them. I wish... I really did...

I put down the crate, breathing heavily as the black spots in my vision danced and twirled. The sun was high in the sky warming the air, drifting the smell of summer. My bones sweat with the warm magic and it felt so overwhelming. Their eyes and whispers and the emotions and now their talking. I want to go to Nightmare... I want to go, but someone walked up and they won't stop talking why won't they stop talking and yelling and everything's too loud too loud and overwhelming and loud and it hurts and loud and loud and loud.

"I'm sorry!" and everything went quiet.

..........

Dream- 3rd person

"Dream...? Dreeeeeammmmmm hello~ hey hello~"

"Hey leave him alone, he needs his rest"

"But he's awake! I can tell because I'm just like that"

"Ok and? Let him rest"

"Ughhhh but that's so boring!"

"Oh shut up and go flirt with someone else, Broomies in the kitchen before you forget"

"Oh...

Ok!" There were light footsteps and the door opened and closed.

"I really don't know how you put up with him when he's all jumpy, it drives me insane..." Something gets placed next to Dream's head, probably on a nightstand.

"I hope you doing okay..." There was shuffling and more footsteps.

Dream cracked his eyes open and he glanced around the room, it was just a simple medical room. Dream realized it was his, the one he set up for the others. Blue was walking out of the room, anxiety filling the room until Dream was drowning

"B-Blue...?" Dream croaked out, his voice sore from not being in use for who knows how long. Blue froze and the room was drained, and Dream sighed. The tall skeleton walked over a smile on their face.

"Mornin' Dre... how are you?" Blue sat in the chair by the bed Dream laid on.

Dream smiled warmly, "good..."

"Oh, Dream... you've been asleep for 2 days..." Blue had said, rubbing Dream's outstretched hand in a friendly way.

Dream jolted slightly as to get up, but decided against it seeing that it was not worth the energy. Blue was internally grateful, not wanting to deal with a distressed, confused guardian.

"Why...?" Dream mumbled loud enough for the guard to hear. They flinched lightly but explained nonetheless.

"Well- uh, you were sick with a fever... and passed out in the middle of a battle. You uh-" Blue got more nervous "you know killer right?"

Dream paused, his mind drifting in the numbness of whatever drug he was on.

Killer... Killer...? Killer?

"Good morning dear ready for another battle of the worlds?~"

"Aww did you memorize my slash attacks? That's cute~"

Oh. Killer.

"Yes. Nightmares subordinate correct?" Dream sighed out, sometimes he was hard to forget.

"Well, he was the one that uh, dropped you off?" Blue questioned themselves.

"They were just sleeping on your couch and uh you were sleeping with them- and he said you passed out in the middle of his mission. He said something about needing you to get better and uh- he uh- gave you some- get better cards- and uh flowers and uh-" Blues akward embarrassed blush grew as he talked, looking at his hands.

Dream's face grew in yellow blush, it was almost overwhelming. Oh was that Dream going to do with his life...

It's not like he could even feel Killer's emotions, something was blocking it like a shield. Dream wouldn't be surprised if it was his brother's work, knowing his great thinking and magic abilities. Yet it still hurt, why? He barely knew, maybe it was a relationship he could try to understand or the little trust his brother had in him.

Oh, how he still wished to run into Nightmares' arms and cry his heart away like some lost child. To crave comfort from a family member because they knew you, and not your favorite color or what hobbies you have, but that comfort that's written in every spark of magic and drop of blood.

"Sigh... alright, thank you Blue..." Dream forced out, Blue nervously smiled, standing up.

"Well uh there's food and- call me if you need me!" The door closes shut, and quiet fills the air. Dream leaned back into the pillow of the bed.

What was he supposed to do with this?

???????????????????

Basically a flashback and some of the Dream's life.