Audere est Facere - To do is to dare

Isabella 

My eyes reach up from the floor and meet his. He is staring down at me. The question lingers in the air. 

I feel like I am waiting for an answer I won't even receive. Maybe I don't want to either. 

Diable 

She smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. And she knew she was in trouble. 

'Take a wild guess' I state as I am interested in her thoughts. Who does she think I am? Do I enlighten her?

Her thick lashes move up and down, like she is trying to think of an answer that won't provoke me. But I am not interested in pleasing answers, I want her bare thoughts. 

'Answer me, Isabella.'

Seconds pass by and impatience fills me. But no matter how long it takes her to answer, I wait. 

Isabella 

My eyes reach up. 'A kidnapper at least.'

My answer comes out as a bratty sneer. One of his eyebrows raises and a deep chuckle escapes his parted lips. And I wonder to myself if it was possible to see hell in someone's eyes and not be feared by it anyway. 

'I don't know you, I don't know how you became what you are and I don't know where you came from. But I know it doesn't take much effort for a broken sould to identify another one.'

His dark green eyes are fixated on mine and I don't think we have ever held eye contact this long. He clenches his jaw, as he leans foward in his chair. His face dangerously close to mine, he smells like cigarettes and deep cologne. It's for the first time I can fully take him in. His black-on-black expensive clothes. My breath stills, but I held his gaze. Russian roulette, one blink and I die. And maybe that would be a quicker demise than what he has in store for me. 

The devil walks on earth. 

It's time to backfire the psychological game, words are the only weapon I have. 

His inked fingers suddenly lash out and grip my hair. I hiss in pain as he pulls onto my hair, making me look straight up to him. 

'Stop trying to humanize me, that doesn't work on people like me Kotenok.'

I hiss in pain as he pulls my head back even more. 'Sorry! Sorry!' I scream as his grip tightens. 

Diable 

Her red frizzy hair dwells around my fingers. 

'Are you always such a brat?' My free hand twitches to teach her some fucking manners. 

She grunts, but the little fighter isn't extinguished, yet.

'I guess you just bring it out of me.' She yelps. My patience snaps, but I can't do more than give her a death stare when she suddenly flinches at my free hand that I lift in the air. 

She squeezes her eyes, waiting for the impact. But I don't act. 

She has gotten hit before. I repeat her words over in my head. A broken soul, not just mine, hers to. 

Isabella 

After a few moments of silence I slowly open my eyes again. His hand lets go of my chin and I fall against the concrete wall behind me. 

I swallow a lump back while he shoves the wooden chair back into the corner of the room. With his tense back to me he states 'In the world I live in I am the Judge, Jury and Executioner all in one Isabella.'