End of the Cycle

Needle's P.O.V:

I sit close by the cage watching Evil Leafy pace in circles like she did last night before uh escaping... I lean in to look more into the cage and she starts to stare at me growling, I was pretty quick to scoot back to the wall I was sitting up against. It was then that Coiny comes up to me.

Coiny: Hey Needy-

*SLAP*

Needle: DON'T CALL ME NEEDY!

Coiny: Sorry. Anyway do you think Leafy is still uh aware of everything around her? Like, can se see us right now?

Needle: Well, most likely not. I mean, she had no idea how or why she got so beat up this morning. What brought this up?

Coiny: I know that, I'm just thinking that maybe even though she doesn't remember anything after changing, what if she does see what happens but forgets it when turning back. I must be quite the fever dream in a state like that..

Needle: I'd say more like nightmare. Ugh- Now you've gotten me curious.

Coiny: About what?

Needle: When and how Leafy became a host to this Evil version of herself! I'm going to do talk to Golf Ball.

Evil Leafy: *GROWL*

Coiny: AH-!

I go over to the desk where Golf Ball and Tennis Ball are sitting at going through papers.

Needle: *ahem* 

Tennis Ball: Oh hey Needle. Got a question?

Needle: Yes actually, concerning Leafy and the Crimson Creature. You two have found documented information on it's species and continue documenting your own information right?

Golf Ball: Pretty much.

Needle: Have you found any potential cause to Leafy getting Evil Leafy inside her in the first place, or is that still a mystery?

Tennis Ball: Uhhh yes, but also no...

Golf Ball: All we found out of the lab was that there're more Crimson Creatures in Evil Forest, and that they thought it'd be a smart idea to inject a sample of DNA (or essence) of one into Leafy to improve results hence the mention of needles. As for where they/how got this sample without dying we still have no clue how the usual process of taking a host works with these things.

Golf Ball: If I was as low as them I would conduct such experiments myself, however I like to have a future where I'm alive. So that's out of the question.

Tennis Ball: We also don't know what they had planned for Leafy, let alone who's in charge in all of it. I myself am wondering if that person themselves is still out there or not. Maybe if at least one survivor was left we'd know more...

Needle: I see, thanks for telling me.

A few hours later Leafy's P.O.V:

I slowly wake up in the same room I sat in before the change with my head all foggy and near exhausted like always, if not maybe worse then usual. 

Faded voice 1: She's waking up.

Faded voice 2: Open the door now TB.

As I attempt to get up I voices, while faint I could tell whose voices they were. My mind soon cleared up when Pin and Firey helped me up.

Pin: How do you feel girl?

Leafy: I little foggy, but that's nothing new... Did anything go wrong?

Tennis Ball: Nope, it's all good. 

Leafy: That's a relief. Where'd di everyone else go?

Firey: They went to meet with us at our place. 

Golf Ball: If it's alright to you Leafy I still want to have a bit of a check up with you before sending you back out, just to make sure you're totally free from the influence of the now passing star pattern.

Leafy: Seems fair, I'll meet you at home Firey.

Firey: Okay then. See ya.

Once the others had left the factory Golf Ball and Tennis Ball have me sit on a counter while they do a few things similarly to before the first eclipse night. Save for an X-ray exam and other stuff like that, I suppose that's due to the scuff Evy got into with Black Hole my body aches just wonder how that fight went on.

Golf Ball: Status Tennis Ball?

Tennis Ball: It seems some minor effects may still linger for another day, say like appetite or nocturnality but no personality alterations.   

Golf Ball: Good to know, now Leafy. I would to as you some questions regarding your time kept in the old laboratory if that's not too much. 

Leafy: Ehhhh...I don't quite like going back to those times, is there any reason for the request?

Golf Ball: This is merely so we can figure out the reason you were reduced to a lab rat to their mysterious goals. You to would want to know what they made you suffer for don't you?

Leafy: Now that you mention it, I would want to fully understand the cause of my suffering. 

Golf Ball picks up a clipboard and clicks her pen.

Golf Ball: Good. Have the scientists ever said anything about what they planned to use the data gained from researching you?

Leafy: Aside from your father who even then was just in charge of medical care, the men in white coats weren't all that social towards me... although the term "living weapons" jumped around sometimes during times I was supposed to sleep. Probably something you two have already read about though.

Golf Ball: You're not wrong, that's still more vague than it should be though, for starters the term we've read wasn't in a plural and there are various methods to creating a living weapon. Okay, one more question, can you tell us about the 'tests' you were put through?

Leafy: They varied, some were like going to a gym but more tough and no chance to rest. Others were like temperature endurance and such. I think the worst ones in my opinion were the tests of increasing my ability range.

Tennis Ball: Ability range?

Leafy: Let's just I wouldn't be so strong if I was allowed to live a normal childhood. Who knows what else what other powers I'd gain if I stayed longer before the inevitable escape I urged for.

Golf Ball: I see, thank you for your time Leafy. You're free to go now.

Leafy: Thanks Golf Ball. 

I hop off the counter an give Golf Ball a light pat on the head before exiting the factory, I take a moment to bask in the sunlight, breath in and sigh in relief that this Crimson Eclipse is over now. 

~To be Continued~

(Author's NOTE: Remind me to listen to boss music as I write more often, it surprisingly boosts motivation very well.)