The flu

Needle's P.O.V:

It's such a pretty day outside as I sit at my window watching the sky a fun idea came to me. I grab a basket fill it with some snacks and make a dash toward my friend Leafy and Firey's house. When you can run as fast like me, a set of wheels isn't necessary. Once I've arrived at me destination I ring the doorbell and wait.

Small dog: BARK BARK BARK BARK!

I flinch at the faint sounds of barking and look at the window nearby to see a little wiener puppy in a sweater barking through the window. Firey then answers the door.

Firey: Slinky down, sit! Oh hi Needy-

*SLAP*

Needle: DON'T CALL ME NEEDY!

Firey: Sorry, what's up?

Needle: I was thinking me, you, Leafy and some more of our friends could go have a potluck in the park since it's such a nice day out. Hi there Slinky.

Slinky: ARF!

Firey: Sure sounds like fun. Just let me check with Leafy, she's kind of been in bed all morning actually come on in.

Firey lets me inside and heads into Leafy's room, I place my basket on the couch and sit down on the couch to wait. After a moment Firey comes back seemingly concerned about something and speed walks into the bathroom not saying anything. 

Needle: Uh hey Firey, is something wrong?

Firey: I don't know. Leafy refuses to get out of bed, it took me a bit to get her to poke out the covers but when she did uh she has these yellow-ish splotches on the side of her face.

Needle: She what?

Firey: Yeah, my thoughts exactly. She's also couching a good bit and- actually could you go check up on her? I need to find that thermometer..

Needle: Okay.

That doesn't sound all that good, I head to Leafy's room but before going in I knock gently, she responds with a weak sounding voice.

Leafy: E-enter...

Needle: Leafy? Are you feeling okay?

Leafy: Ugh... no...My head feels like it's split in two, my nose if stuffy and my tummy hurts...

I turn Leafy to face me and lo and behold the right side of her face is filled with yellow splotches, her eyes seems a little goopy too. I place my hand on her forehead to feel her temperature.

Needle: Yeah you're definitely burning up. Don't worry, Firey will check your temperature soon.

Firey: FINALLY FOUND IT! Alright Leafy just hold this under your tongue for a moment.

Leafy opens her mouth as Firey puts the thermometer in, after a few seconds it beeps and Firey takes it out to take a look. She starts to cough a good bit, poor Leafy she looks awful.

Firey: 98 degrees? Yikes, that's a fever. 

Needle: Looks like my potluck idea is gonna have to be put on hold.

Firey: Yeah, sorry Needle. But Leafy needs to rest.

Needle: Why don't I help you take care of her?

Firey: Good idea.

Leafy: *cough cough cough* I could use a drink...

Needle: Ok, I'll get you some water.

I go into the kitchen to fill a cup and bring it to Leafy, on the way there I find Firey in the bathroom with his head in a cupboard.

Firey: *sigh* I don't have anything for her possible flu! I have to go to a medical store, can you watch Leafy for me?

Needle: Sure thing Firey. Is Junior home? 

Firey: Yeah he's in the playroom with his friend, I'll be back in a few.

After Firey leaves the house I get Leafy for water.

Needle: Here's some water Leafy.

Leafy: Thank you. *cough* 

I grab a nearby box of tissues while she hydrates herself. 

Needle: Firey went to get medicine, so I'll take care of you while he's gone. 

Leafy: *blows her nose* Okay. *sniff*

Needle: I'm gonna check in on the kids, but if you need anything ring this little bell to let me know.

Leafy: Alright.

I give Leafy a bell and go over to the playroom, I peek in a little to see Firey Jr playing with his friend.

Firey Jr: You'll never defeat me Lightning Cherry, I Doom Burner will strike you down and rule all of Goiky!

Cherry Jr: We'll see about that villain! 

The two kids then start to "attack" each other with different toys until Cherry Jr throws a stuffed jaguar at a tower of blocks.

Firey Jr: NOOOOOOO!!!! MY MIND CONTROL TOWER!!!!!

Cherry Jr: Lightning Cherry saves the day once again! 

I couldn't help but giggle as I watch them play super heroes, they then stopped what they were doing when they heard me.

Firey Jr: Hi Needle.

Cherry Jr: Hi!

Needle: Hello Firey Jr, nice seeing you again Cherry Jr. How's Black Hole?

Cherry Jr: He's at a therapy appointment today, so I'm playing super heroes with my Jr buddy!

Needle: That's nice. (He really needs it)

Firey Jr: Do you want to play with us? We could use a sidekick.

Needle: Sounds fun. But I have to take care of your Mother, she's pretty sick. 

Firey Jr: Oh no... can I help?

Needle: Yes actually, can you go get one of Leafy's favorite movies for me?

Firey Jr: Yes ma'am! 

The sweet little flame runs off into the living room to get a movie for Leafy while Cherry Jr takes off his costume.

Cherry Jr: What can I do?

Needle: Well, I'm thinking about making Leafy some tea for her throat, would you like to help me?

Cherry Jr: Okay!

~To be Continued~

(Author's NOTE: Fun Fact, plants can get sick in case anyone didn't know. It still confuses me though...)