Chapter 6

AN: HI GUYS DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT. 

Saintess Of The Archon War by: Sheolle

Chapter 6

Silence etched in the village as we saw how Keys died in front of our eyes.

The group was taken aback because even though we all know that it's impossible to survive without casualty, yet everyone was still hoping we would be able to survive without anyone dying.

"K-Keys is dead." Hansel's voice was shaken.

"I couldn't even see that arrow pass through the formation." Rosemary uttered as her eyes widened in shock.

I saw how everyone was shaken because of the death of one of our companions. If we stop now, the casualty will just increase!

"Now is not the time to grieve! We will all die if we stop! Evans why is there a variant?!" I shouted to the point it felt like my throat was going to explode.

They might see me heartless but if I let my emotions get the best of me, all of us will definitely die.

I was tired as hell and I'm so close in losing my strength. Yet I continued to cut down one goblin into another.

"I-It evolved. It just evolve right now!" Evans said with shivering voice.

My eyes widened in shock!

I didn't thought that the monsters can evolve while we were fighting them.

"Ugghhh! It hurts!" a familiar voice winched in pain.

When I looked where that voice was coming from, I saw Orland got hit by the five arrows on the same spot in his right thigh. The flying eyeballs were still here in the village monitoring all of our movements. They just fly from one point to another. Even though someone already died, these critters just batted their eyelashes.

"Pulled back, Orland! Rosemary to the frontline now!" I commanded.

My voice was full of authority and all of them just followed my command. They have put their faith and trust in me. I can't fail them.

Alicia who was now healed went to assist Orland, and the man immediately pulled the arrows stuck in his thigh. Another arrow was about to head towards Orland, when I parried it by using the scabbard of the worn-out sword I was using.

"Paimon! Destroy that monster!"

With anger audible in my tone of voice, the small feathered white dragon hovered above me. He has now recovered from his mana exhaustion from burning the vast forest. Ten blue fire balls instantly manifested around us.

Fredrin and the others were surprise to see Paimon on action. They didn't expect that a dragon in that small frame would be able to produce such power.

Explosion erupted as the blue fire balls made its way toward the variant goblin. Killing it and the others goblins on the narrow passageway of the gate.

"Does Teresa has a summoning skill?" Orland uttered as he looked at me and then to my little white dragon.

"More like a taming ability. I didn't thought that small white dragon have such power." Alicia commented with admiration in her eyes.

[Kill Count: 467 Time Remaining: 18 Minutes]

Our struggle continued, the numbers of the goblins drop significantly but our fatigue was already getting the best of us. I keep monitoring our group and the goblins. If someone was exhausting, I replaced them with those in our back line.