Chapter 5

AN: HI GUYS THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY. PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS!

Saintess Of The Archon War by: Sheolle

Chapter 5

Can we really get through this? Can we survive until the time limit is end? Will we be able to hold off these monsters until Mikhail and his group arrives?

The massive forest was in a silence. This kind of tranquility and stability was like the calm before the storm. My eyes glanced for the last time the preparation we made to counter our impending doom.

Countless of spears where mounted on the ground which was incline in a 65 degrees angle, just enough to impale those goblins. There were also fire woods and dried lumbers position of the ground, we were really fortunate to have gasoline and because of that, all of those combustible materials were saturated with petrol oil.

There were six watch towers situated here, and Evans have told me that the direction of the monster wave will be coming from the eastern side of the village. I recall the important facilities in this base.

The portal for the dimensional gate is located in North. The training ground was on South. The Cathedral and summoning hall was on the west. In the eastern part is the massive wooden gate and watch towers were situated. Lastly, the facility buildings like equipment warehouse, workshop, potion hall, clinic and dormitory were located here in the central part of the village.

Our sentry told me that the behavior of the goblins were like mindless creatures. They just run through everything that's on their track and they didn't mind it even though they hit a tree or a huge rock along their way.

The only thing running on this insane creatures' minds were the destruction of the cathedral. So putting those spears will surely impale them.

"Can we really survive this?" Evans asked me as he continued to observer the movement of the monsters.

I can already see the strain of the continuous use of his eyes. Bead of sweat were visible in his forehead and neck.

"We will survive. We just need to do our best." I answered at Evans and gave him a reassuring smile.

I looked at the united group that will face of the monsters later. Alicia and Klaud's hands were shaking because for sure this was their first time fighting this unknown threat.

Keys will be our medic as well as the support, he brought bandages and antiseptic from the clinic here.

Hansel was holding a claymore on his hand, he told me that back when he was on his late teenage years he was practicing swordsmanship even though that was just a phase.

"Every one of us well take two health potions, use it only when you receive a fatal wound." I commanded and told Orland and Carl to distribute the potions.

The members of my group looked at the two ampule of potion before putting it in their pocket. They were both carrying bows and arrow, as well as a sword. Due to the fact that I'm the only one here that can use mana, which is why all of the mana potions were now in my possession.

"I just want to remind you guys when we face the goblins later, if possible don't panic because it will cause you your death." I started to tell them that this is not the time to get scared.