Chapter 14: Jesus Walks

*November*

Arthur and Mia took a nice walk around the corner, and she asked him about his next move. All of a sudden, he doesn't want to talk about it until sooner when Mia tries to agree with it one car driving slowly and starts driving by shooting, Arthur tackles Mia on the ground whenever he sees two people shooting the car.

Arthur: Are you OK??

Mia: Y-yeah...

Arthur: I didn't get hit. I'm alright.

Mia: Can we go back to our neighborhood?

Arthur: We'd better hurry up before my parents worried about me. *holds her hand and runs*

Mia: *follows Arthur* Wait, wait, wait! Can I stay in your house?

Arthur: *nods* Yeah.

Mia: Thank you.

The next day, Arthur's parents getting ready to go to the church when Jennifer goes to the room and sees Arthur sleeping with Mia before she wakes them up.

Jennifer: Guys, it's time to get up.

Arthur: What's up, Mom?

Jennifer: Mia, I want you home and Arthur, time to get dressed cause we're going to the church. *walks away*

Mia: I'll see you in church. *kisses him*

Arthur: *kisses her back*

Zach puts his tie on his shirt before he wears a brown jacket with buttons. He's waiting for his dad and sister to get ready while he's eating a bowl of cereal. Even if Mia, Jason, and Arthur are ready to go to the church while separated from their parents until arrive at the church.

Although Jason returned to the church after three years with his parents, they didn't feel like going anymore before they returned.

*Church*

Pastor: "Thus says the LORD to his anointed, Cyrus,
whose right hand I grasp,
subduing nations before him,
and making kings run in his service,
opening doors before him
and leaving the gates unbarred:
For the sake of Jacob, my servant,
of Israel, my chosen one,
I have called you by your name,
giving you a title, though you knew me not.
I am the LORD and there is no other,
there is no God besides me.
It is I who arm you, though you know me not,
so that toward the rising and the setting of the sun
people may know that there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, there is no other".

Meaningless, everybody holds their hands together while they keeping remain seated while listening to the pastor ask God for forgiveness. Around the time the church is over, they have been gathering up the food including charity work. Arthur and the rest of his friends' parents meeting at each other while their kids talk to each other separately.

Zach: When it's time for another battle?

Arthur: What are you talking about?

Zach: I just read the Bible to make sure the Gods helped me and you too.

Arthur: For the body of Christ?

Zach: Exactly. You gotta learned to remember it next time. What am I gonna do? *standing next to the window*

Arthur: *follows Zach*

Zach: I mean, the Gods won't even help me that much. Even when I'm gonna take it away from the alcohol, I just don't wanna pretend to my dad.

Arthur: You're not a different person, man. I'm just truly to keep you going through your journey except staying home right after graduation. I know you were taking care of yourself.

Zach: *hearing*

Arthur: I'll keep my promise.

Jason: *chilling outside and looking at the phone and sees Mia next to him*

Mia: It seems like you have been calming down. I get it, you know what I'm about to say?

Jason: That's right.

Mia: *sighs* Whatever.

Jason: What's your favorite color?

Mia: Oh, now you talking. Black. The true color of mine.

Jason: Same.

Mia: I see. Today is a chilling day.

Jason: No doubt about it. On Thanksgiving, I'm about to go visit my grandparents' house for a couple of days in Georgia.

Mia: Thanksgiving is in three weeks.

Jason: I know. My dad is not going. He wants to spend time with his friends somewhere.

Mia: Well, good luck in Georgia.

Jason: Don't mention it.

Arthur: *walks outside and sees them* Are you guys, OK?

Mia: We're fine.

Arthur: Also, we need help with Zach.

Jason: What's going on with him?

Arthur: I think he needs some more positive and more Gods.

Arthur, Mia, and Jason help Zach to do the prayers together they hold hands while Zach says the words once again.

Carl867
samcrosfaith