Chapter 4: Trick or Spirit

*Three weeks later - 1 day before Halloween*

At high school, Mia is having study hall period but she is in the music room alone as she reads her lyrics down in her notebook when she has enough time to sing on a note. She's taking a deep breath before she gets a little nervous she made the first step.

Mia: "Tell me, did you know right from the start
That we would end up right here where we are?
Oh, you're such a good guy, play the part
Showin' up with only half a heart

He says it's best for me
But I don't really remember him askin' me
He says it's best for me
But I don't really remember him askin'

Jamie walks into the hallway he can hear someone's voice after walking past the music room with the lights out he walks backward and sees Mia singing, she doesn't see Jamie at the door while still focused on her songwriting until Jamie opens the door quietly.

Mia: *sees him*

Jamie: I'm sorry, the door was unlocked.

Mia: What are you doing here?

Jamie: I just got out of the restroom and headed back to the math class.

Mia: Why would you just go back in there? You kindly give me distraction while I'm singing.

Jamie: I just wanna hear your voice so that I won't say anything. Hold that thought. *drops his bookbag gets on the seat with the drum and picks up the drumstick*

Jamie played the drum with the right beat after he heard her voice with the same rhythm. Mia knows that Jamie playing the drum on the same note and she has an idea when she continues singing on the right note.

Mia: "He loves me, loves me, loves me, but
He says he can't
He loves me, loves me, loves me, but
He's not ready yet
All I remember are your drunken half-forevers
He loves me, loves me, loves me, but

Kindly, I resign
Babe, you hold the record for goodbyes
You wanna be the good guy, dry your eyes
Frankly, darling, you don't get to cry, cry

He says it's best for me
But I don't really remember him askin' me
He says it's best for me
But I don't really remember him askin'

He loves me, loves me, loves me, but
He says he can't
He loves me, loves me, loves me, but
He's not ready yet
All I remember are your drunken half-forevers
He loves me, loves me, loves me, but"

Jamie: *stops playing drums*

Mia: What do you think?

Jamie: 10/10. The homecoming dance is coming up. You should perform because you are still the most popular girl in this school.

Mia: Well actually, so many people asked me if can I sing. A little bit.

Jamie: It's time to do your moment of shine to kick ass and stole your motherfucking spotlight! *gives her a high-five*

Mia: *doing the same*

After school, Zach, Tony, Jamie, Talia, Jason, and Kennedy went to the art museum, as they pretty much wanted to go over there without their parents' permission. They are spending time before it closes for the next hour.

Talia: *looking at the frame with the blossom*

Jamie: *chilling with Tony and Kennedy*

Tony: These frames look cute. Black and white TV in the frame.