Chapter 1: All Rise to the New Improve

*September 2021*

The McClain family moved out of the town in San Francisco when they moved to another town Portland, Oregon over the next few hours on the same day until the dawn started. The boy named, Arthur McClain with his parents Jennifer and Steve after they got a job together in a new town.

Furthermore, Arthur heading to the new school where he's started junior year. When his parents made him reminder that when he's done at school, he has to go to the university in Oregon where his parents are likely to change him for the better.

Arthur begins to unpack the stuff after checking out the new room and it seems like the room turns bigger. He still unpacking until his dad comes to the room to say something to his son.

Steve: What do you think about your room?

Arthur: It's alright.

Steve: Arthur, listen to me. I know but this, it's gonna work out for you. Trust me.

Arthur: *listens to Steve*

Steve: Your friends always miss you so guess what, I've been missing tons before I moved out with my parents. Times changed. I have to figure out what I'm supposed to do with my wife. Your mom.

Arthur: Whatever you say, Dad. I love riding a road trip but I miss this.

Steve: *nods* Ok.

Arthur: *looking at the window*

Steve: Come downstairs after you get finished. *went downstairs*

Later that night, Steve and his parents took a tour of Portland, his parents were too much excited about the newest town except for Steve. He's feeling okay when he still wanna be there after his dad promised him. Jennifer knew she was gonna make her move when she started her career.

Jennifer: This is amazing, honey.

Steve: Yeah well, they have a museum, library, and more. It can be better than California.

Jennifer: You always being in love with me after I said such a thing about this town.

Steve: You're not wrong but we can handle Arthur to take him easy and be patient.

Arthur: Mom? Dad? Please tell me if you guys are joking around.

Jennifer: No. We can work it out soon.

Arthur: *mouths* Shit.

They stopped by an Italian restaurant to get something to eat for tonight while they'd been moving for the first day earlier. Arthur sees something right next to the store, the records store. When he asked the parents can he go to the records store quickly before the food was ready his parents agreed.

Arthur went inside the store he saw many vinyls and CDs all around the room when he went there to take a look. Meanwhile, the girl named, Mia, is still searching for vinyl to get her father's gift until she gets bumped by Arthur accidentally and they look at each other.

Arthur: I'm sorry.

Mia: No, I-I'm sorry.

Arthur: I don't want you having a heart attack.

Mia: It's fine. I've never been worried about people scaring me all of a sudden.

Arthur: *looking at the vinyl* They have so many of these classics.

Mia: Why, you've never been there before in your life?

Arthur: Starting today. A whole town.

Mia: Are you coming for the vacation?

Arthur: Moving.

Mia: Oh.

Arthur: I'm from California.

Mia: Wow! Interesting. L.A, right?

Arthur: Close enough. San Francisco.

Mia: My brother went to college in Los Angeles and my family wants me to go there. I should decide when I'm going through my own.

Arthur: Sounds like it's crazy.

Mia: It is fucking crazy.

Arthur: Arthur McClain. *doing her handshake*

Mia: Mia Clarke.

Arthur: Mia. With M.I.Y.A?

Mia: No. M.I.A.

Arthur: Paper Planes will be calling your name.

Mia: *laughing softly*

Arthur: *doing the same* I gotta go. My family is waiting.

Mia: I guess I'll see you soon.

Arthur: Yeah, maybe. *leaving*

The next night, he's preparing to go the school in junior year tomorrow after he got here from school to get the class schedule, while his room turns into a perfect fit when he looks at the view.

Arthur's room:

He put everything away to get his stuff clean out of his room before his fresh start the next day

Meanwhile, Mia was on the bed when she was ready for tomorrow, she was now writing her song in the notebook she was practicing herself when she goes: "Tell me, did you know right from the start
That we would end up right here where we are?"
Once she's stopped singing, she'll continue to write more lyrics tomorrow as soon as she gets on time for a lunch break. She went to bed right after closing her notebook and put the next to the dresser until she fell asleep.

cassandrejanvier
KerryKennedyAuthor
LilFilly_Philly_
Carl867
RisxnAngxl
samcrosfaith
SusanBenson2812
ActionInfinity