Vol. 5 Episode 5: Necessary Sacrifice

Opening:

Location: Kuo Kuana
Time of Day: Morning

Blake pov:

Me and Sun stood in front of the house ready to get signatures for our cause.

Blake: Okay. Are you ready?

Sun: I beat up on giant monsters and robots more than once, I think I can handle getting a few signatures.

We went off to go get signatures. However, it didn't end well. We didn't get a single signature. The two of us then went to go get drinks and talk.

Sun: I don't get it! How can they just sit around and do nothing with the White Fang getting ready to attack?!

Blake: Because not everyone is like you and me. The Faunus here in Menagerie - the ones that weren't born on the island - moved here because they were tired of fighting, of having to struggle constantly. Menagerie is filled with people that just want to be left alone, and here we are, asking them to put the rest of the world before themselves.

Sun: I guess I never really thought about it like that.

Blake: The problem is, whatever happens at Haven is going to affect them whether they like it or not. If Adam gets his way and Haven falls, it's only going to make things worse for the Faunus. Everywhere.

Sun: Adam... He's the guy you used to... work with?

I sighed at the thought of him.

Blake: Yeah.

Sun: Sorry, forget I brought it up.

Blake: No, it's okay. Have you ever met someone and thought to yourself, "They are the personification of this word."

Sun: Uh...

Blake: Okay, well, I remember getting to know Ruby and thinking, "This girl is the embodiment of "purity"." After a while, I saw Weiss was "defiance". (Y/N) was "Chaos" in the good way. And Yang was "strength".

Sun: What am I?

Blake: Jury's still out on that one, but I'm leaning towards "earnest".

Sun grabbed his drink with his tail and began leaning on his hand affectionately causing me to giggle and then I continued.

Blake: At first I thought Adam was "justice", then I thought he was "passion". But over time, I realized I was wrong. He wasn't any of those things. He was "spite". Not "hatred", not "rage", "spite". He won't accept equality, only suffering for what he feels the world did to him, and his way of thinking is dangerously contagious. That's what worries me about Ilia. She's not like Adam, not yet at least, but I don't know how long that will last.

Sun: She was your friend, huh?

Blake: She was. Her chameleon traits meant she could pass as human. She could've lived a normal life if she wanted, but she didn't. I always admired that. She lost her family in a mining accident when she was young, then she joined the White Fang. Like me, she was more or less trained on the road alongside other Faunus. She learned to survive, to defend herself, but as people like Sienna and Adam started to gain a following, she became more dangerous. I guess I did too. My parents tried to get me to leave with them, but I refused. I had Adam and Ilia, after all.

Sun: You know we're gonna have to face her eventually.

Blake: I know.

Sun: So, what are you gonna do?