Vol. 4 Episode 5:Menagerie

Location:Menagerie
Time of Day:Afternoon

Blake pov:

Me and Sun left the ship and made our way to the dock. All around us was crowded. The both of us then walked into the markets which were even more crowded.

Sun:I've never seen so many Faunus in one place!

Blake:This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are.

Sun:Wow, sure is, uh, crowded, huh?

Blake:Yes. Yes, it is.

Sun:Is it always so... cramped?

Blake:Well, when you try and take an entire species and put them on an island that's two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped.

Sun:What! You guys have that much more space? Why waste it? A little desert never hurt anyone!

Blake:It's not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions.

Sun:So, they give us a terrible island, in the corner of Remnant, to try and shut us up.

Blake:That's a pretty good summary, yeah.

Sun:Huh. Jerks.

Blake:We try to make the best of things.

We made our way further through into Menagerie to see houses all around with a giant house in the back of the town.

Sun:Whoa...

Blake:This, is Kuo Kuana.

Sun:It's... beautiful. I take it all back. This place looks great! Why would anyone ever want to leave?

Blake:That's not the point, Sun! We asked to be equal, to be treated just like everyone else! Instead, we were given an island and told to make do. So we did the best we could. We came together and we made a home where any Faunus could feel welcome. But this island, this town, will always be a reminder that we're still not equal. That we're still second-class citizens.

Sun:Well, hey, this guy's feeling pretty at home.

Blake:Alright, time to go home.

Sun:Oh yeah? Which one's yours? Can you see it from here?

Blake:Kind of.

Sun then proceeded to point at different houses. I then moved his hand to the big house in the back.

Blake:It's... that one.

Sun couldn't believe his eyes. He pointed to me. A nodded in response. We walked to the big house. I reached my hand to the knocker but slightly hesitated.

Sun:What is it?

Blake:I um... it's just been a long time since I've seen my parents.

Sun:Well, you came all this way.

I grabbed the knocker and knocked on it causing a loud intimidating sound to play.

Sun:Okay, if we're being honest, that's kind of intimidating.

The door opened to reveal Mom. As she opened the door and saw me. She was in a disbelief.

Kali:Blake?

Blake:Hi, mom.

Mom then stepped forward and hugged me.

Kali:My baby girl.