[VOL 5] Switch to Good?

Taylor: Can we trust her?
Taylor, Mike, Jess, Frank, Nelson, and Tyler are sitting on a side of a one way mirror, and on the otherside sits Crystal in Gifted Restraint Cuffs, or GR Cuffs.
Mike: I don't know. She saids she can't remember who Slayer really is and she saids she now has a change of heart.
Frank: We shouldn't trust her.
Nelson: We should give her a chance.
Frank turned around and looked at Nelson with a shocked expression.
Frank: She wanted to murder you. She tried to murder Aiden, Jess, and To... You know.
Taylor looked to the side when Frank almost said Toby's name.
Nelson: I know that.
Frank: Isn't she your ex-girlfriend?
Nelson: No, she wasn't.
Frank: What?
Nelson: Her boyfriend couldn't make it to Prom so I told him I would take her as a friend.
Frank: I still don't trust her.
Nelson: We should at least give her a chance.
Mike: Looks like we're split. Taylor?
Taylor looks at Crystal.
Taylor: She was my best friend, but what she's done to you guys, I can't trust her.
Tyler: Me and Nelson were villians and you guys accept us. Why is she different?
Frank: Cause Nelson was a hero before he became one of Bishop's pawn and you were always gonna betray him.
Tyler: But I did bad things. So did Nelson and you all overlook that.
Mike: 2 yes, 2 no. Jess?
Jess is staring at the ground.
Jess: I don't care.
Jess walks out of the room, leaving the rest to fall on a desicion.
Mike: Maybe you guys should go in there and talk to her.
Tyler: Yeah, no. She would kill me, I'm good.
Tyler walks out.
Mike: Welp, good luck guys.
Mike leaves too, and the three stand there looking at Crystal.
Taylor: Who's first?
Frank: Nelson's last.
Nelson: Frank's second.
Taylor: Why did I even ask?

(inside the interrogation room)

Crystal is sitting in a chair and whistling when Taylor opens the door.
Crystal: Guessing you ain't unlocking my cuffs.
Taylor: Nope. Just here to talk.
Crystal: I heard about Toby's death.
Taylor eyes began to tear up.
Crystal: I'm so sorry Tay.
Taylor: *wipes eyes* It's ok.
Crystal: I wish I was there. I wish I wasn't evil then, so I could've helped you.
Taylor: It wouldn't change anything. He would still be dead. They both would be.
Crystal: Matthew's dead?
Taylor: He was the second Titan. He died when Scott first appeared. I was so sad, but Toby was there for me. He helped me through the pain and we kinda got close. And then he dies.
Crystal: I'm sorry Taylor, I really am.
Taylor: I know.
Taylor gets up and leaves the room.

(in the relaxation room)

Tyler throws a concrete dart at a dartboard when Mike walks in.
Mike: Where's Jess?
Tyler: Don't know. Took your bike.
Mike: She took the Rejectpod?
Tyler: No. Your bike.
Mike: What do you... Oh.
Mike looked angry for two seconds and then sighed.
Mike: I'll get her.
Tyler: I think she may want to be alone.
Mike: I know. But since Jayden isn't here, Nolan still in the hospital, and most of her family are dicks, I'm kinda the last one left to help.
Mike grabs a motorcycle helmet and heads to the garage.

(in the interrogation room)

Frank opens the door and walks towards Crystal.
Frank: I don't trust you.
Crystal: I completely understand why.
Frank: Do you?
Crystal: I worked for the man that forced you to do things that you didn't want to do.
Frank: That's right. So you can see why I don't have any reason to believe your story.
Crystal: That's true. But understand that I know your friends better then you do.
Frank: I know that.
Crystal: I don't think you do.
Frank: Alright, explain it then.
Crystal: Nelson is a chess player. If he was the leader of this group he would sacrifice you all just to get the job done. To him, you're all just pawns to use. Taylor used to be the hyper active girl that would make anyone smile, but now she's at a breaking point and you're the ones keeping her sane. Jess hides behind a mask and tries to keep most of her true feelings hidden, like how she's not telling you that the longer Jayden isn't here, she goes more and more down that rabbit hole of insanity, though the mask isn't the best. Tyler's just a dick, but I see he's trying to fix past mistakes.
Frank: I already knew most of this. What about Mike?
Crystal: Mike? He's the one who hides behind a mask the most. He's your leader but he feels like you all don't think he's the right pick, or he believes he's a failure. His mask hides almost all his emotions, except his anger.
Frank: I've seen him angry.
Crystal: You've seen him pissed. You've seen him ticked off. You've seen him frustrated. But trust me, you've never seen him angry. And that's what I think Slayer is trying to do. Push Mike to the breaking point and make hum angry as all hell. But the thing about Mike is that he's angry, but he's not blinded by rage.
Frank: What?
Crystal: He's knows his surroundings and what he's doing, it's just his moral compass that's gone. He will kill anyone who dares threatens his friends and the ones he loves.
Frank: No shit. You've told me things I already know.
Crystal: What you don't know is that this team right here, if they wanted to, could rule the world in like a week or 2.
Frank: Yeah cause I can absorb electricity and-
Crystal: I meant without you in the team.
Frank: What?
Crystal: You're the stranger of this group. Everyone else knows each other but they don't who you really are. Hell, neither do you.
Frank stands there for a moment and then leaves the room.

(in the middle of St.Paul)

Jess is riding on Mike's bike, riding through red lights and swerving in and out of traffic.
Mike: Pull over Jess.
Jess looks back and sees Mike riding the Rejectpod.
Jess: Leave me alone.
Mike pulls up right next to her.
Mike: Can't really do that.
Jess: Why not?
Mike: Cause you aren't in your right mind. You need to pull over and-
Jess: CAN YOU JUST STOP TRYING TO HELP ME!!
Jess sped up and turned left and Mike followed suit.
Mike: JESS SLOW DOWN!!
Jess: NO!!
Jess raised her hand and fired a blast at Mike but Mike dodged it.
Mike: ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!
Jess: YOU'RE FUCKING IMMORTAL!!
Mike: AND IT'S OK TO JUST TRY AND KILL ME?!
Jess: I DON'T CARE!!
Mike: JESS STOP NOW!!
Jess looks in front and sees a roadblock and gribs the brakes and barely misses the roadblock. Mike gets off the pod.
Mike: You ok?
Jess gets off the bike and lifts up her visor and anger is in her eyes.
Jess: I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!

(in the interrogation room)

Nelson enters the room.
Crystal: Nelson.
Nelson: Hey.
Nelson sits in the chair in front of Crystal.
Crystal: I'm sorry for trying to kill you.
Nelson: Apology accepted.
They sat there for like a few minutes.
Crystal: Well this is awkward.
Nelson: Why did you want to kill me?
Crystal: My mind was like a crystal, exscused the pun, it was like my mind was beautiful but scratched up at the same time. I jus don't know how to explain it.
Nelson: It's fine. I'm like the only one on tge other side of that window that wants you on the team. Tyler agrees but he's scared to come in.
Crystal: I'm still pissed at him.
Nelson: And you have every right to be.
Nelson gets up and walks towards the door.
Nelson: Does he know?
Crystal looks down.
Crystal: He's looking for me still.
Nelson: Talk to him.
Nelson opens the door and leaves.

(where Jess and Mike are)

Mike: Calm down.
Jess: WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?!
Mike: Cause I got a promise to keep.
Jess: TO WHO?! ME? YOURSELF? WHO THE HELL GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BE MY GODDAMN WORRIER?
Mike: YOU FUCKING DID!
Jess looked at Mike with a shocked expression. He has never yelled at her before.
Jess: What?
Mike: YOU MADE ME YOUR WORRIER WHEN YOU MADE ME YOIR BEST FRIEND! IF YOU DIDN'T WANT ME TO WORRY THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEFRIENDED ME!
Jess is speechless.
Jess: Is... Is that the only reason?
Mike stared at her.
Mike: ...... No. Jayden told me to help you. And that's what I will do. Now come on.
Mike gets back on the pod.
Mike: Let's go home and welcome our new member.

(back at base)

Mike and Jess enters the base.
Nelson: Welcome back.
Nelson, Frank, Taylor, and Tyler are all sitting in the kitchen.
Mike: Have you all come to a final opinion?
Nelson: Bring her aboard.
Taylor: She joins.
Frank: I'm gonna keep an eye on her.
Tyler: What they said.
Mike turns back and looks at Jess.
Jess: Sure. Let her join.
Mike: Alright. Let's welcome her to the team.