Chapter Seven- Rachel/ Bradley

Rachel

Of course, there was only one lady's toilet in use. After waiting for what felt like an age, I'm finally able to do my business. Once I'm done, I decide to head outside to get a breath of fresh air and pull myself together before going back to my friends.

I plonk myself down on the picnic bench by the door, close my eyes and let the cold ground me. Outside the pub is deserted, which I'm not surprised about, its bloody freezing. My poor nipples, I think to myself. My mind instantly goes to Bradley and how it felt to have him stood behind me, with his chest flush against my back and his breath tickling my neck like a sensual caress. How is it possible for someone to turn me on so much?

I'm so lost in my own thoughts, I don't hear the footsteps coming up behind me on the snow-covered ground.

I'm yanked back by my hair just as a hand covers my mouth so I'm unable to scream and I feel a arm go around my chest. Effectively caging me in. "Did you like my rose, Princess?" they says in a sinister voice. The smell of alcohol and tobacco heavy on their breath. I remember that voice. From when he came into the café to ask me out. Only to not turn up on our date. Joshua. I struggle, trying to get free but his hands grip me tighter so I can't move. I feel a tear sliding down my cheek, which he stops by running his tongue up the side of my face. I try to shrink away from him but it's no use, he's too strong.

"Hmm, delicious. I wonder, does your cunt taste as good as your tears?" Joshua whispers into my ear. He moves his arm from over my chest to close his hand around my throat in a tight grip. Shaking from the fear and panic of not being able to breath, I let out a muffled cry. "You think I'd let a bitch like you ignore my messages after our date, then not say thank you for giving you flowers?" Does this idiot not remember that he stood me up? He pushes his nose into my neck and takes a long inhale. "I've spent week's watching you. I've seen the things you do in your little bedroom." he says, thrusting his hard dick forward into my back. I let out a whimper in fear. "You're going to be a good girl and thank me properly, aren't you Princess?" he whispers into my ear. His hold on my throat tightening even further in warning, making me shake uncontrollably. Ive never feared death but right now, in this moment, I'm truly scared for my life.

I silently pray that my family and Theo know how much I love them. I hope they know how much their help over the years has meant to me. I hope they'd be okay if I wasn't here anymore, but I'm not ready to leave my family or my friends. I'm not ready to die, I've not lived. I've not travelled the world or got married and had babies. I want to go with no regrets. I want to go when I'm ready.

Deep within me, I feel this burning anger rising, the need to fight back, to see another day surrounded by those who I love. How dare he try to take me away from them. With that thought heavy in the front of my mind, I sink my teeth into the hand that's over my mouth, throw my elbow back into his stomach, winding him, which makes him double over, shouting out in pain. I scramble up and run as fast as I can into the pub. As soon as I'm through the doors, I see Theo laughing with Bradley at the bar. They both turn to look at me. The edge of my vision darkens, just as I feel my knees give out. Before I can hit the ground, I find myself swept up in a pair of strong arms, surrounded by the calming scent of cinnamon and apples. Bradley. I start sobbing into his chest, shaking uncontrollably, while he carries me over to the table and sits down with me cradled on his lap.

"Rachel, baby, what happened?" I hear Theo say, somewhere from the right side of me.

I cant stop crying or shaking long enough to speak clearly, "Joshua....Stand-up.... Outside....Tried to...." is all I manage to get out before breaking down sobbing again. I hear a commotion of people rushing outside but I dont bother moving, I dont think I can.