Chapter Three- Rachel

When I wake the next morning at 9am, my head feels like there's a marching band having a rehearsal in there. "Uurrmmff, I'm never drinking again!" I announce to myself and roll out of bed to the bathroom. While in the shower, last night is playing on repeat in my head. The Christmas extravaganza, Theo's proposal to Tilly, the endless celebratory drinks at the pub down the street with Theo, Tilly and our friends, dancing until the early hours of this morning.

It was an amazing night, one that I won't forget for a while but man if I'm feeling it today. Once I'm done in the shower, I slowly make my way into my little galley kitchen to make myself a well needed cup of coffee. While the kettle is boiling, Nellie comes trotting to me, doing circles around my feet indicating it's her turn for the bathroom, so I slide on my fluffy blue slippers and trudge downstairs so she can do her business. When I flop on the couch 5 minutes later, I check my phone.

My screen lights up with messages, 10 in total, most of them complimenting what a wonderful night it was.

Mum: Thank you for a wonderful night sweetie.

Pops: Where did you get your tree from in the shop? Your Nana has decided she wants one too.

I giggle and reply to him letting him know ill pick one up and drop it off next weekend at our monthly family Sunday dinner.

Theo: I'm getting married! Holy shit.

Joshua: Can we talk?

I throw my phone onto the coffee table after reading that last message, my anger rising. If he thinks I'm going to reply to him after he stood me up on a date last week he can think again. I sat in the Pint Pot pub for an hour waiting for him, no message or call to say he was running late. I felt like such a fool because I'd been stood up by a guy who wanted to go out drinking for a first date, not even out for dinner for heaven's sake. I should have noticed the giant red flag waving at me but I ignored it and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Silly Rachel.

I flick through Netflix and settle on a romantic comedy with a hunk of a main character. Watching a hot man strutting around on the tv will definitely do the trick and help with this god-awful hangover. Half way through the film, I find myself so restless and fidgety, that there is only one thing that could help me unwind properly. I stroll into my bedroom, take out my favourite vibrator and make myself comfy on the middle of the bed. I close my eyes and let my hand, without the toy, slowly trail down my neck, over my chest and pinch a nipple which makes me gasp. I keep toying with my nipple while I drag the vibrator over my tummy and onto my pussy, rubbing circles over my clit, oh so slowly. Turning the toy on, I release a whimper and increase the pressure, feeling the delicious tingles travelling throughout my body. I give my nipples a few sharp tugs, while I move my hips in time with the vibrator which tips me over the edge. I cum with a breathy moan, panting and finally feeling more relaxed. Feeling too tired to bask in the post orgasm glow, I clean myself up, snuggle down on the sofa with Nellie curled at my feet, Christmas lights on my little tree in the corner of the room twinkling away before I feel my eyes slowly close.

I wake with a start. "SHIT! what time is it?" I grab my phone to see its 11.30am only to realize it's Sunday, the café is shut. "Oh, thank god! I breathe a sigh of relief, Fancy a walk Nellie?"

My girl jumps around waggling her tail so I head to my bedroom, throw on my favourite black flared jeans, chunky black boots and a Christmas jumper with a giant elf saying, go elf yourself! then head out the flat door with one very giddy dog. We head out the back door of the café, then turn up the little ginnel in-between my café and the butchers, who sell the most delicious lamb and mint sausage! I must go there tomorrow, I mumble to myself. Theyve been there for almost 25 years now and they used to be so busy there would be a queue down the street. However, now, they only have a few loyal customers going in. I am one of the few.