Chapter Six- Bradley/Rachel

Bradley

I'm pacing around the living room while my brother is watching me with a smirk. Bastard. I have no idea why he said yes to meeting Rachel and her friends at the pub later. If he was just trying to piss me off, he's definitely succeeded.

I pause my pacing to watch the snow falling outside our living room window, in the hopes that it will calm me down. It doesn't. If anything it makes me more anxious, to get to work on helping the town and getting it back on the map. For the time of year you would expect the main street to be busy and teaming with life, people going in and out of the shops looking for last minute Christmas gifts. Instead, all I see is a woman walking her golden retriever around the main square, a shop keeper closing its doors for the night and an elderly couple having their early evening stroll down the main street. Its fucking depressing.

Add on the fact that, being around Rachel right now isnt a good idea. I'm a fucking mess. On one hand, I find myself thinking that if one more sarcastic comment comes out of her mouth, I'm going to have no option but to put her over my knee, spank her plump round arse until its a lovely shade of pink. But, on the other hand, I find myself wanting to look after her. I want to hold her close and show her the way a real man treats a beautiful woman. I want to show her off and make her mine in all ways imaginable. FUCK! What is that woman doing to me?! With that thought in mind, I glare at my Brother, like he's the cause of the mess that I find myself in.

"Don't look at me like that. She offered and it would have been rude to say no" Jeremy says with a shrug. "If a hot girl invites you out with her friends, you dont say no!". I glower at Jeremy, not liking the feeling of possessiveness I feel at the sound of him calling Rachel hot.

"Don't call her hot. You are to keep your hands off her or you'll have me to deal with brother. I ain't fucking about", I reply with a growl, pointing my finger in his direction. Jeremy looks at me smirking with his hands held up as if he's surrendering.

"Don't get all jealous now, I was just stating facts. Message received loud and clear Bro, you want a piece of that ass and won't let anyone else near her" he says, with his hands still held up. I shake my head at him and resume my pacing.

I dont like the feelings that Rachel is bringing out in me; I have spent years avoiding feeling anything for someone else, as all it does is wind up turning into shit. I think I'm just not the kind of man who will ever have the perfect woman, family and happy ever after that so many people wish for. The type of future, I used to wish for. I wasnt always so cynical about love.

Once upon a time, I thought I had everything I could ever need with someone. Someone who I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with, but that soon fell apart. I came home early one day, and found her in bed with my best friend, in the house we had just bought together. I didnt say a word or lose my shit, I just packed my bags and left without looking back.

I went to Jeremys place, drowned my sorrows in alcohol and in-between the thighs of many women. Not long after that, our parents were killed, so I just shut down all together and promised never to let myself feel the pain, of loving someone again. Not long after that, we opened our business together and I became even more against the thought of finding love, because all people ever wanted was the money I had in my bank account, not me. But now, Rachel has put a crack in the walls I put around my heart with her beauty and smart mouth. I dont know how to stop the walls from crashing down and I dont know if I want to stop it either.

I let out a frustrated growl and run my fingers roughly through my hair. "If youre insisting on us going out tonight with them then I'm going to go get a shower. I suggest you do the same and have a fucking shave will you. You look like shit" I say to Jeremy.