“Stop, okay? You're the Luna. You can't be seen in tears. You have to be as strong as a lioness.” He encouraged me.

“Not this time, Elder Blake. I'm broken and hurt. My heart is aching so much.” I cried and he continued to pat him.

When I had released everything and calmed down, he made me sit on the flower swing there and sat down with me.

“Elora, are you sure Damon really did what I heard?” He asked and I swiftly turned to look at him.

“Of course he did. I saw him with my two eyes. I'm not dense, I know what I saw.” I answered.

“But are you really sure you saw right?” He asked and I became annoyed.

“What are you saying, Elder Blake? Damon is a chea—”

“Hey, Damon loves you.” He defended.

“If he did, he wouldn't have cheated on me.” I replied.

“It wasn't his fault.”

“Then who's fault is it? Mine?” I scoffed and he sighed. “And wait, whose side are you on anyway? Mine or his?” I questioned.

“The side of the truth,” He answered. “And the truth is that Damon loves you and still loves you. Everyone knows he does. From the way he looks at you to how he always made sure you were safe. He gave up his multi millionaire dollar company to become your beta and manager. He is having a beef with his father because he chose you. If he didn't love you and was only using you, do you think he would risk his life to save the pack from falling ill due to Dexter's plot? Would he have risked his life that night to save your name? There is more to this story of him cheating on you that you need to look into. Something is fishy and I can feel it. Someone that loves you won't hurt you.” He advised.

“But Damon just did, Elder Blake. What if everything he did then was to make me fall in love with him then he would break my heart like he just did?” I asked and he shook his head, chuckling a bit.

“I still stand on my word, Elora. Damon would never hurt you because he loves you a lot. Don't lose someone who cares about you and is ready to die for you because of your enemy's plot,” He said and my eyes widened. “You should know they're trying to separate the two of you because to them, he's a threat that needs to be neutralized. Think about it.” He patted my shoulder, stood up and left, leaving me to ponder on what he just told me.

Could this be true? I sat and thought about everything he said but that didn't stop the hurt I felt.

I got an idea and quickly stood up. It's about time I asked that maid some questions. She needs to tell me what really happened between her and Damon, and also tell me what brought her to my room in the first place.

I rushed to the throne room and ordered for the maid and Damon to be brought before me. I turned to the maid, who was in tears.

“Now, tell me what exactly happened between the two of you. Do not leave out a single detail.” I ordered and she burst into tears.

“He took advantage of me when I came to look for you in the room. I only asked where you were and he grabbed me and tore my clothes and panties.” She cried, showing me her panty that had been torn ruthlessly. My heart broke more. Was he in such a hurry so he wouldn't get caught or what?

“What happened next?” I asked.

“I asked what he was doing and he said he just wanted a quickie with me before you return. I told him it wasn't right and we would get caught. I also went ahead to tell him I wasn't interested and you were his mate. He said he didn't mind and wanted someone fresh,” When those words left her mouth, I widened my eyes in shock and gasped, averting my gaze to where Damon was seated on the floor there. He looked at the girl, wearing the same shocked expression and I wondered why he would be so heartless to act like this in front of me.

“I tried to beg him and when I tried to run away, he grabbed and pushed me to the bed. And then… and then…” She choked on her tears, not able to form words.

“Save your breath,” I said to her and faced Damon. “What do you have to say about all these?” I asked with my hands folded.

“It's all a lie. I would never do something like that if I were in my right senses—”

“Stop lying!” She snapped, cutting Damon off. “You literally took advantage of me and you have the guts to call me a liar?” She snapped.

“Hey!” I charged at her, annoyed at how she was speaking to Damon. If I wanted to find out the truth, I'd have to be smart. I called one of the guards and whispered something in his ears. He nodded and stepped out of the throne room while I tried my best to stall them.

“I can't believe you would do this to me, Damon.” I yelled at him.

“Elora, how I wish you could see my heart right now and know that I love you and would never do something like this on purpose. I would never hurt you. I love you!” He explained.

“Fuck that love!” I snapped and he lowered his head.

“Elora,” He called calmly and looked up, meeting my eyes. I tried to look away from him but it didn't work. I found myself staring into those dark orbs of his that always pulled me in. “If I can keep saying it a 100 times, I will. I love you and nothing can change that, not even these false accusations. I like that you're venting your anger and frustration on me right now. If it makes you feel better, do whatever you like. Do whatever will make you happy. It won't change how I feel about you one bit and it won't change the fact that you're my beloved mate.” He smiled at me and I became lost for words.

I continued to stare at him until the guard I had sent out came in.

I cleared my throat and stood up.

“This is my judgment,” I said. “I'm going to release the innocent maid and Damon will be taken to the palace dungeon until I decide his release.” I ordered and the guards grabbed him.

I looked away from him and when they had taken him out, I sighed.

“Damon,” I called as tears rolled down my cheeks. “You asshole! You better be innocent!”