𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫

I wake up because of the big rays of sunshine coming through the window, when I noticed a grip on my waist, when I turned around I saw Mattheo sleeping placidly. - Damn, I didn't remember that I had stayed in Mattheo's room - I thought, I had less than 2 hours to look for some kind of algae that would make me breathe for 1 hour underwater before the second task started. I quickly got out of bed causing Mattheo to wake up.

"Where do you think you are going?" he said in a hoarse voice. "To breakfast and then to the library, may I remind you that I still don't have the solution on how to breathe underwater." I said as I walked over to the bed to give him a kiss. Which he took the opportunity to grab my wrist and throw me on top of him, and I smiled. "Stay a little longer" he murmured. "I have to go, see you later" I said finally giving him a kiss goodbye to quickly head to my room to put on my Slytherin uniform, the one I was going to wear in the second task.

As I left my room, I quickly passed through the great hall to grab an apple, or something that wouldn't make me throw up when I stepped into the freezing water. As I entered I noticed the gaze of Gryffindor house on me. Oh...right, the fight last night. Right now that didn't matter to me so I just returned the bad stare and looked for my friends.

"Hey," I said sitting down between Tom and Pansy as they all waved at me. "I just came to say that it's not my fault if any of you get dunked in the Black Lake because of me." I said as Pansy looked at me confused. "What are you talking about?" she asked me. "Oh right, you don't know what the task consists of.... I'll summarize it for you, I have 1 hour to rescue a loved one underwater, and guess who still has no idea how she's going to get a plant to breathe underwater for an hour... yes, that's me." I finally said. "Wow, I did not expect that" Enzo said kinda shocked. "If I were you I would ask Neville Longbottom, he is very good at herbology" Pansy said. "Right! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" I said quickly grabbing an apple to say goodbye to my friends.

On my way to the library I ran into Snape. "Ms. "Monroe, I remind you that you still don't have a solution for breathing underwater," he said in her serious tone. "Yeah, I know, now I was heading to the library to ask Neville Longbottom for help." I finished saying. "Longbottom... good choice Monroe, I won't take up any more of your time," Snape said, letting me go.

Arriving at the library, I looked for Neville for a few minutes until I found him behind a stack of books. "Hey Neville, do you know if there is any plant that I can breathe under water for... an hour?" I asked while I approaching him.
"You could always use gillyweed" He said. "Don't worry, I'll give them to you before the task starts." He finally said. "Thank you so much! See you later" I said while I go back to my friends to go all together to the place of the task starts.

... (One hour later)

My nerves and stress got the better of me, I was in the boat area where we had all supposedly met to go into the river, where the task would be done. But none of them had appeared. "Cool" I whispered sarcastically.

...

"You're sure about this, Neville?" I asked him while he gave me the algae. "Absolutely" he said. " For an hour?" I said. "Most likely" he said nervously. "Most likely?!" I said about to explode. "Well, there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of fresh water versus saltwater but- "You're telling me this now!? You must be joking!" I didn't let him finish. "I just wanted to help." He said. "Well, that makes you a right sight better than my friends". I said looking back trying to find them along all the people before getting on a boat. "You seem a little tense, Michelle." Neville said. "Do I?" I said ironically before getting on the boat, alone.

...

"Welcome to the second task, this morning, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These five treasures one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake, in order to win, the champions need to find their treasure, and return to the surface." Dumbledore start saying while the champions and I positioned ourselves at the starting place where we had to jump into the water.

"Eat the algae before jump to the water" Snape reminded me while he was standing next to me, and that's what I did.

I finally turned to look for my friends in the audience, and I saw Theo, Enzo, Blaise and Tom cheering on me, at least that calmed me down a little. Then I realized that neither Pansy, neither Draco or not even Mattheo were in the audience. - One of them is under the water - I thought before I heard the sound of the cannon and launched us into the water at the same time.

When the cold water made contact with my skin, I looked down at my legs to notice a huge black mermaid tail. What kind of fantasy was that? I had literally just turned into a mermaid, I could say I felt like Ariel. I started swimming, propelling myself with my tail through the large algae under the river, while I came across some Grindylows. The speed at which I was going was incredible, I was going to win this task. I started to hear a melody that came from a large stone arch that was under the water, it was beautiful, it looked like some kind of portal.

When I entered the large portal, I saw 5 people submerged under the water. But I couldn't see their faces because of the distance. When I was close enough I recognized perfectly who they were. The little sister of Fleur de la Cour, Cho Chang, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and.. Mattheo?! I thought that the person I would rescue would be Draco, because of the long-standing friendship we have had, but I wasn't going to complain about Mattheo. I quickly pulled out my wand to cast a spell on the rope holding Mattheo. I grabbed his arm as I pulled myself towards the surface with my big tail.

Upon surfacing, Mattheo gave gasp as he can breathe. And so did I. He looked at me with a big smile. "You did it, you came first" He said as he brought me closer by the chin to give me a kiss. And we swam towards the small dock where our friends were waiting for us. When I got on the dock I couldn't even stand up, so I stayed on my knees. "Michelle! Are you okay? You must be freezing!" Pansy said while wrapping a towel around me. "You came first! "I knew you could" Draco told me as he comes over to hug me. "I have to admit, what you did is impressive" Tom said as he smiled at me. "Aww, thanks guys." I finally said.

"ATTENTION" Dumbledore said. "The winner is.. Ms. Monroe!" Dumbledore said while the crowd cheered me and Theo and Mattheo raised me. To finally go back to the boats to return to Hogwarts.

—————————————
Hey readers! The second task it's finally here! Hope you love it!

Get ready, next chapter is going to be full of surprises

Don't forget to vote for the story to help me grow it! And comment on your favorite moments!

Roma💓