𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥

Two days had already passed since I was admitted to the Quiddich team, and I didn't dedicate myself to anything other than trying to prepare for the first dragon test in the tournament.

That day had arrived, I was in the champions' tent with nerves on edge, while people outside could be heard shouting and encouraging the participants. I was wearing my green Slytherin uniform, with gloves, and a sign on my back that said my last name: MONROE.

"psst, psst!" I listened as I approached one of the tarps that held up the large tent.

"Michelle, is that you?" I heard Mattheo behind the tent. "Yeah" I responded. "How are you feeling?, okay?" he said. "The key is to concentrate" He said again seeing that I had not answered the previous question. "Then you will just have to- "battle a dragon" I finished the sentence for him. He sighed and removed the tent that separated us to hug me, seeing how a flash reflected us, we moved away seeing Rita Skeeter taking a photo of us for the newspaper.

"Young love, oh..mhh.. passionate" she began to say while Mattheo and I looked at her with a death stare. "If everything goes..unfortunately today, you two may even make the front page." She finished saying. "You have no business here, this tent is for champions and friends." Victor Krum said trying to kick out the reporter. "It doesn't matter, we already have what we wanted," Rita said as she left the tent.

"Good Day champions, come here please," Dumbledore said as he came in behind us. "Now, you're waited you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate. Barty bring the bag" Dumbledore said, while Barty gave him the bag which I assumed it had the dragons. Fleur began by putting her hand in the bag, which smoked. Taking out the Welsh Green, it wasn't very dangerous, Krum was next, taking out a Chinese Fireball, which was a bit more dangerous, but nothing to worry about, there were only 3 of us left, and one of the dragons was the worst, the Hungarian Horntail, Cedric took out another dragon, the Swedish Short-Snout, he got lucky, so then it was my turn, "Miss Monroe" Barty said as he brought the bag to me, and Mattheo had an arm over my shoulders for support, I put the hand in the bag while I took out a dragon which I didn't know what it looked like, when I took it out of the bag, I almost fainted right there. "The Hungarian Horntail" Barty said as he gave me a smile. I looked up to see Mattheo's face, who had a face of fear, equal to or worse than mine.

"They are representations of real dragons, each of them has a golden egg which they protect, your objective is simple: collect the egg, this is necessary, because each hole contains a clue, if which you have no option to proceed to the next one test, any questions?" Barty finally said. "Good look champions," Dumbledore said as he indicated to Cedric that he was the first to start.

MATTHEO'S POV:

Michelle had just received the most dangerous dragon of all, if before assigning the dragons she was already nervous, I wouldn't want to imagine what she would be like now. "Dont worry Mich, you will do great, I know" I said of her trying to comfort her while I give her a long kiss. "That's your lucky kiss" I said as I smiled, and she smiled back which seemed like she liked it.

"I have to go back to the boys, but you know that from above we wish you good luck" I finally said as I gave her a kiss on the forehead and left the tent while I winked at her and she smiled nervously at me.

...

I arrived at the stands looking for my friends, while I saw many people cheering for Michelle with signs of her name painted in green. When I finally spotted Draco in my line of sight. "Here you are," I said as I sat with everyone cheering Michelle on.

"Who's she doing" Pansy said worried about her best friend. "She got the Hungarian Horntail" I said while they looked at me with their eyes white open and their jaws dropped. "SHE GOT WHAT?!" Draco said kinda worried. "I know, I know, it's the most dangerous one, but the election was by lottery".

...

Half an hour had already passed and only Michelle remained, everyone else had gotten the golden egg, quite hurt, but they met him, I didn't expect anything
less from her.

BACK TO MICHELLE'S POV:

I heard the sound of the cannon, indicating that it was my turn to start, the average wait now had seemed like centuries, and this is the time to show what I could do. I already heard my name shouted loudly as the Slytherins cheered me on.

When I left the tent, I looked up to look for my friends, who I easily spotted in the audience, and they looked at me while they cheered me on.

I focused my sight on the field, visualizing the golden egg in the distance. As I headed towards it, the dragon's tail dragged me to the ground, cutting my cheek with one of its long horns. I took advantage of the moment and hid behind a rock while the dragon breathed fire in my direction, which did not harm me as I had the rock in front of me that protected me. "Your wand Michelle! Your wand!!" I heard Theo said while I looked up seeing Draco with his eyes closed, that was funny to see though. "Accio Nimbus 2000!" I send a spell in the air hopping my brome came to me in that moment, when seconds later, I saw it coming to me, when I had my broom very near I jump over my broom and I heard applause, to which I smiled, when I looked back, I saw how the dragon had been unleashed from the chain "Fuck!" I cursed, I definitely had a plan B, I started to circle around the field, trying to get the dragon right behind of me, when I had achieved that goal, I stood up on my broom and did a backflip backwards, falling Right on the back of the dragon, I had that play under my sleeve. The applause and screams came back even louder, as people hallucinated and I walked away while riding the dragon's back.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that I reappeared in the field of view, as people cheered for me they appeared in the air above the dragon. When I passed right under the egg, I took the opportunity and bent down to pick it up, while people whistled and applauded. The dragon landed and bowed, letting me get off its back, I think we become friends, I think it's because of my ability to talk to reptiles, especially snakes. I walked towards the entrance of the tent while raising the golden egg in the shape of victory with a big smile on my face.

I definitely made it.

—————————————-
Hey readers! Michelle managed to pass the first test, what did you think?! hope you love it.

Don't forget to vote for the story to help me grow it! And comment on your favorite moments!

Roma💓