"I need you to come into work."

Tw:
Vulgar language
Mori
Soukoku
Manipulation (?)
Emotional abuse (?)

—Mori called chuuya—

Mori: "is dazai with you?"

Chuuya: "yeah, he's sick."

Mori: "I need him for a mission."

Chuuya: "no can do, he's in no condition to work."

Mori: "you act as if you tolerate him."

Chuuya: "I don't tolerate that shitty bastard!!"

Mori: "oh, that's right, you like him; don't you?"

Chuuya: "wha- no! Ew."

Chuuya hung up and groaned, seeing dazai lay on the sofa, weak, the poison having a great effect on his bones, he can't stand straight, he can't walk around without support of objects or chuuya; he stumbles everywhere, he's nauseous all the time, he has a cough, he's extremely exhausted no matter how much sleep he gets, what exactly is this poison? How is it able to weaken the demon prodigy? A mafia executive since 14, youngest executive in mafia history in fact. What did Mori inject into him? Normally all he does is talk, these past days, he's had no energy to speak more than a sentence at a time.

"Was that Mori?"

Dazai's voice was strained, he acted like he was dying, as if. Though, chuuya did feel some sympathy for him, very little sympathy.

Chuuya: "yeah. He wants you back to work."

"Alright."

Chuuya: "what?"

"I'll go-" he coughed instantly, he took long pauses after words , he felt like utter shit.

Chuuya: "no you won't."

Dazai attempted to stand up, his legs shaking violently, he held onto the coffee table to support himself.

Chuuya: "sit back down. You can't even stand! God you're so stupid, youngest port mafia executive and won't even accept that he's sick and needs a day off."

Chuuya held onto dazai and directed him to the sofa. Sitting by him and covering him with a blanket, the tall brunettes legs ached, a sudden sharp pain went through his bones as he coughed blood and winced in pain

Chuuya: "what's wrong?! Are you hurt? What happened?"

"I..don't know."

Dazai hates pain, he hates this. What did Mori inject into him? What was this? It wasn't a peaceful death at all! It killed, and not in the way dazai wanted. This was full of all sorts of pain, when would this be over? Normally poisons wear off in a few days, maybe in 2 days he will feel better, it's unlikely but a guy can hope.

Chuuya: "stupid mummy."

"I'm- not a mummy!"

Chuuya: "I hate this version of you, get better already. Normally you insult me or call me a dog, or make smart comments. This boring version is no fun."

"You think I'm fun and smart? Aweee chuuyaaaa!"

Chuuya: "what- no!"

Dazai got a phone call, he lazily picked up his phone and answered.

"Hello? Oh hi Mori"

Mori: "I need you to come into work today."

"Chuuya won't let me"

Mori: "you value chuuya more than me? You think he's better than me? Is chuuya more important than your job? Than me?"

"No sir."

Mori: "no it's fine. I get it."

"I'll come in"

Mori: "great! See you then."

"See you"

Dazai put his phone down and coughed, he got up and chuuya grabbed his arm.

Chuuya: "dazai if you collapse I'll be the one to blame."

"Chuuya's worried? Awe"

Chuuya: "what-! No! Fine go, I don't care!"

"Bye chuuuuyaaaaa"

Chuuya: "god I hate you."

Dazai smiled and went to get dressed, after 5 minutes of stumbling, chuuya helping him stand and holding onto furniture, he finally got dressed, almost collapsing. 30 minutes later he set off to work. An hour later he made it to mori's office.

"I'm here sir."

Mori: "ahhh, dazai. What a pleasant surprise! Sit."

Dazai sat down, and coughed.

Mori: "I have this new poison I need to try."

"Sir! All due respect but I'm still recovering from the last, I can barely stand. You said it wouldn't be painful! I'll have to decline"

Mori: "you're so mean dazai. Fine, I'll ask again in a few days."

—end of chapter 3–
—word count:673–