First Times (M)

Fred walked into the bathroom at the burrow which he thought was unoccupied.

"Hey Mione, what's wrong?" Asked Fred. Hermione was sitting on the floor of the bathroom. "If it's Ron...if it's Ron again..."He said.

"No, no it's just...it's all a bit...much. Y'know, him and Lavender. He doesn't even look at me, he doesn't even see me." She cried.

He helped her up and hugged her as she cried into his shoulder.

"Shhh, it's okay." He comforted. "He'll see sense one day and that lavender girl has absolutely nothing on you."

"Thanks Fred." She said, sadly.

"Hey it's okay. If Ron can't see how great you are, that's his loss. He's really missing out."

"I think I'm just gonna stay at mine for the holidays." She said, sadly.

"But your parents are away, aren't they?" Asked Fred.

"Yeah but I can take care of myself." She said.

"I know, I just worry about you being lonely." He said.

"C'mon. Let's go to my room and talk." He said.

They sat down on his bed and talked about Hermione's troubles with Ron, then the conversation started to escalate.

"I heard they...you know...did the deed and I just always thought well...that would be me and him. I pictured us being each others' first."

"You mean you've never?" Asked Fred. Hermione shook her head.

"Want me to let you in on a little secret?" He asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"Neither have I." He said.

"What?" Asked Hermione, shocked.

"I mean don't get me wrong, I've done other things and fooled around a bit with quite a few people but I've never actually gone all the way."

"I just always presumed...I don't know, you're just sort of..."

"Sort of what?"

"I don't know." She said, sheepishly.

"What?" He asked.

"I don't know you're funny and attractive and popular, I would've thought you'd have done it loads by now."

"You must be getting me confused with my better looking twin brother." He winked.

"Why haven't you? Haven't you had y'know...offers?" She asked.

Fred chuckled. "Yeah I've had "offers"as you so eloquently put it, but never from the right person."

"Right person?" She asked.

"Yeah, I sort of want my first time to be someone who I know and feel safe with but won't judge me for being bad at it if I am and will accept that I might get nervous and who I find attractive and who sort of shares the same feelings and needs as me. It should be someone I care enough about to make me want to make them feel good and who reciprocates that too, sorry if that's too much information."

"No, no I'm the one who asked." She said. "Sorry if that was intrusive of me."

"No, not at all." He said.

"So somebody who's sort of on the same wavelength as you?" She asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"Yeah I get that. I've never experienced anything like that whatsoever. Like, I've just turned 18 and it's sort of happening to people around me and I don't want to feel left behind, but I agree, it would have to be the right person." She said, timidly. "Anyway, I'm going to get my things and stay at mine tonight. Thanks for the talk."