Soul Spell V

Fred met amber, a platinum blonde witch with bright red lipstick. She was wearing a black dress and a diamond necklace. She'd certainly dressed for the occasion.

They went to a little bar not far from diagon alley. They were just choosing their drinks when a bartender dropped a tray of glasses. Fred leapt off his seat to help pick up the pieces. A shard of glass got stuck in his hand and pain shot up his arm. He pulled out the glass, which was covered in blood but to his surprise the wound healed itself and there was no pain.

The bartender thanked him and cleared the rest up.

"So noble." Amber laughed.

"You know Fred, I had no idea you were so kind. I knew you were funny and smart." She said, biting her lip.

He felt a pang of sadness when he was reminded of what Hermione had said to him, but then it disappeared. Fred was beginning to feel very confused.

He sat with Amber for another hour and then they decided to head out.

They got to the door of Fred's shop.

"Can I come in?" Asked Amber.

"Oh..um...yeah, sure." He said. They ran upstairs to apartment. Amber looked around.

"This is actually a really nice place." She said

"No need to sound so surprised." Fred laughed.

Then amber planted her lips on his. They kissed, but it didn't feel right. She didn't feel like the one he should be kissing.

He pulled away.

"Oh I'm sorry, I..I don't think I can do this." He said.

"Oh...right um...I'm just going to um...maybe...see you around." She said before running down the stairs.

Fred was still curious about what happened with the glass. He grabbed one of the knives from the kitchen draw, braced himself and poked it into his arm. There was blood on the knife but no pain and then the wound sealed itself shut.

He began to freak out. He felt afraid and confused then felt a burst of happiness. He was lonely, he was confused, he went into the room that Hermione had slept in and sat on the bed. The pillow still smelt of her and he re read the note.

"I'm going mad. I'm genuinely going insane." He said to himself.

He felt like crying but he felt like jumping for joy. He was afraid. Hermione's spell couldn't have had a side effect on him, could it? He sat at the kitchen table to try and clear his thoughts.

There was a note that he'd not seen

Fred,

Come to the burrow ASAP. It's about Hermione

- George

Fred leapt to his feet and Floo'd to the Burrow.

———

"Hermione?" He called.

"Where on earth have you been, young man?!" Shouted Molly. "Oh never mind that. Just come through."

"What's going on?" He walked in on Ginny, Arthur and George crowding around the sofa. Hermione was laying there, blood dripping from her arm. She was sweating and shaking.

"We don't know what to do. She's insisting we don't take her to the hospital. Saying they'll lock her away. She keeps asking for you." Said Molly.

"Fred?" She whispered.

Fred rushed to her and took her hand. She flinched and he realised she had a cut on her hand as well as her arm.

"He's here now, poppet." Molly soothed, stroking her forehead. "She's done some very brave things but we can't make her much better, just make her a little more comfortable." She said.

"Well why isn't she in a hospital? She needs proper medical treatment." Said, Fred, angrily, then feeling a surge of happiness.

Hermione sobbed.

"She won't let us." Said Molly.

"Can I speak to Fred?" Said Hermione.

"We'll give you two some space." Said George, ushering everyone out.

"George?" He said, looking at his twin.

"She's just...there's something taking a toll on her health, a reaction if you will. She needs you, more than ever, Freddie." He said before leaving, closing the door behind him.

"What's going on, granger?" He asked, stroking her forehead and holding her hand.

"There's...there's some things I haven't told you." She said weakly.

"I know. Just tell me, just start from the beginning."