Soul spell III

The twins were sat at the kitchen table. George was comforting Fred who was feeling sick with worry. George got him to breathe and then hugged him.

As Fred calmed down and his anxiety settled, Hermione felt slightly better too.

"First of all, Fred, I need you to be open and honest with me. How much do you care about her? It sounds like a weird question but if you want her to get better, you need to tell the truth." Said George.

"How is it relevant?" He asked.

"Just answer the question."

"I don't know, she's Hermione, she's great and she does so much for me and she makes me feel great but...I don't know she's hiding something from me." He said, his eyes turning dark.

"Let's cut to the chase, Freddie. Do you have...feelings for her?" George asked.

"I'm not sure, but I think...I think maybe I really do like her."

"You like her?" Said George.

"I think so, I mean I'm not sure." He said.

"Maybe go and kiss her."

"What? While she's sleeping?" Asked Fred.

"Do you not want to?" Asked George.

"It's strange, I feel...really happy all of a sudden." Fred said. "I keep feeling it randomly, it's like her presence just cheers me up.

George knew it was Hermione's life force in Fred, healing his feelings.

"Go and kiss her, Fred. Let her know you're there. Tell her how you feel."

"Right now?" He asked.

"Right now." George said.

"Do you want to?"

"Yeah...I think I do. Shit, George it's got to be now." He said. It was like he was drunk on happiness. He ran over to Hermione's room. He knelt by her bedside.

George went with him.

Fred smoothed the hair out of her face.

"Go on, Freddie."

Fred took a deep breath in and gently placed his lips on top of hers. The veins began to creep down her neck and a small purple glow surrounded her. He kept on kissing but the glow fizzled out.

George sighed. He realised in that moment, Fred liked her, he really cared but he wasn't in love. Her eyes opened.

"Hey." He whispered, cradling her. But the pain was still there, subtle but she could feel it still. She started crying. "Please don't cry." He said. "My kissing isn't that bad, is it?" But Hermione didn't smile, she was clinging on to consciousness, but only just.

"I want to stay with her." Fred said. George wasn't sure how good an idea that was. It could either go really well or possibly cost Hermione her health.

"Hermione is it alright if Fred stays with you? Do you think that'll help?" George asked.

"Yeah." She mumbled.

Fred lay on the bed next to her with his arms wrapped around her. She came round slightly and smiled.

"Hi." She whispered.

"Hey." He said.

"Were you kissing me earlier?" She asked.

"Yeah, is that okay?" He asked timidly.

Hermione nodded.

"Can I do it again?" He asked.

Hermione nodded again.

Fred held her face and kissed her again. She glowed, but as it had done last time, it fizzled again. Fred was happy, so Hermione's life force was easing back into her, but she could only ever have half while Fred was keeping his and hers without even knowing. The more they kissed, the stronger she got.

She rolled on top of Fred and became more desperate with her kisses. She shoved her hand up his top, feeling his torso.

"Woah what are you doing, 'mione?" He asked.

She didn't reply, she just removed her shirt and kept on kissing. She thought it might help the situation, it would distract Fred from his worries, healing her and maybe even bring them closer together.

"Hey. I really want to, believe me I do but just over an hour ago, I thought you were having a heart attack. Are you sure you're feeling up to it? And you're thinking straight?" He asked. She nodded.

"I really need this." She whispered to him.

"Me too." He whispered. Of course he meant it in a totally different way, but it reassured her all the same.

He flipped her over and took off his trousers. She took down the pyjama shorts she was wearing and lay there in her underwear.

He took his boxers off and slid down her pants.

Without hesitation, he pushed into her and she moaned

————

When they were finished, they lay cuddled up together. Fred felt good, so she felt good. Fred went to kiss her again. Hermione was hoping that time, it would break her curse, but it still didn't work. Fred just didn't love her. At least, not in the way she loved him.

She fell asleep feeling better but she'd rather end her time at diagon alley on a high. She decided she'd move out the next day. If Fred thought she was better, he wouldn't worry about her anymore. He might miss her but it would be better to long after him than him worry and cause her to have another turn.

Fred had fallen asleep next to her, so she put her clothes back on and went to see George who had heard exactly what had gone on.

"Granger, you're looking a lot better." He said.

"George, I need you to do something for me." She said, sadly.

"What? Did it still not work? Granger with a bit more time I think he could really fall for you." Said George.

"George he's never going to stop asking what's wrong and he's still going to worry as long as I'm here. I need you to encourage him to meet someone else, love potion him if you have to. It's for the best."

"But what about you?" Asked George.

"Look we've just done...things. And we kissed a little. How's that going to look? He'll hate me and my body won't be able to take that. He needs to see someone else to take his mind off it. I'll study the spell and see if there's another cure but for now he's got to be happy and he has to be happy without me."

"But won't that break your heart? Hermione you can't fall in love with anyone else." George protested.

"And what's the alternative? I stay and just wait for something to happen? He hangs around me and constantly worries? If I tell him he'll beat himself up and it'll put more stress on him because no matter how hard he tries, he can't love me. That'll kill me, George. He needs someone else because it's never going to be me. What if next time he gets like he did it kills me? It's the best option for both of us."

"I mean I heard you two...y'know last night and that seemed to work." George shrugged. "You could explain it to him, then whenever you're unwell, you guys can.." he said wiggling his eyebrows.

"That wouldn't work. It did last night, but we can't just do that every single time I'm in pain."

"I mean I know Freddie would love to find any excuse to..."

"George." She interrupted.

George nodded.

"Set him up with someone else, please. Make sure he's happy. He's my soulmate, I'm just not his."