24| The One With the Two Bullies

✩❖♦♦❖✩
24
The One With the Two Bullies

Audrey sat on the sofa beside Phoebe, filing her nails whilst watching her friends do whatever they were up to around her. She had kept minimal contact with Chandler, she decided that it was best to distance herself from him all together and continue seeing Henry.

He had called her the evening that they met and they spoke on the phone for quite a few hours, she couldn't keep the smile off of her face. They spoke about anything everything, getting to know each other personally. To say she was already smitten was an understatement, Chandler who?

"Monica, why are we watchin' the business channel?" Joey spoke up, interrupting Monica's focus.

"Cause I was going by it the other day and I saw that there was a stock with my initials, MEG, on it and, well, sometimes I have to watch for two or three hours before it comes up again, but when it does, it's pretty exciting." Monica nearly squealed.

"Honey, you really need a job." Audrey rubbed the girls arm, pitying her severely.

"Mon, speaking of which, dad says he knows someone you can call for an interview." Ross spoke up.

"Really?" Monica questioned.

"Okay, right there. That, that's the third sign today. Right there!" Phoebe exclaimed, jumping at her words.

"On behalf of everyone, I'd just like to say behuh!" Ross laughed.

"No, 'cause you just said dad and everywhere I go today I keep getting signs telling me to go see my father. Like when I was walking over here and I passed a buffet...which is my father's last name." Phoebe revealed to them, everyone nodding with realisation.

"And they were serving franks which is his first name minus the s at the end. And there was a rotisserie with spinning chicken." Phoebe told them, but, Audrey just stared at her blankly, having no idea what she was talking about.

"His Indian name?" Monica questioned.

"No, because I chickened out the last time when I tried to meet him. So I mean, coincidences? I don't think so." Phoebe scoffed.

"Freakish." Ross nodded.

"Okay, so, uh, who wants the last hamburger?" Phoebe changed the subject.

"Why?" Monica asked.

"Hamburger. McDonald's. Old Macdonald had a farm, my dad is a PHARMacist." Phoebe shuddered as she connected the dots.

"Sweetie, you're reading way too much into this." Audrey shook her head with a giggle, confused at her friends behaviour.

✩❖♦♦❖✩

Audrey sat beside Joey and Rachel as they watched some kind of Spanish show, they had done this for a few years now, they always watched these shows they couldn't understand but were able to pick out who was mad at who and why, pretty much the basis of a telenovela.

"Hey, how's your interview go?" Rachel asked Monica as she walked into the apartment, pausing their show.

"It bit. It was a 50s theme restaurant. I have to cook in a costume and dance on the counter. I mean, I was a chef at Cafe De Artistes. I mean, how could I take a job where I have to make something called Laverne and Curly fries?" Monica ranted.