10. the one with the monkey

—> the one with the monkey<—

Audrey sat in the kitchen, beside Joey as her and the girls conversed on what their New Years resolutions would be. That was until Ross opened the door, only sticking half his head through.

"Guys, there's someone I want you to meet." Ross told them before walking into the apartment with a monkey sitting on the back of his shoulders.

"Wait, wait, wait. What is that?" Monica quickly raised her hands.

"That would be Marcel. Want to say hi?" Ross asked as he began to move towards his sister but she immediately backed away.

"No. No, I don't." Monica exclaimed.

"Oh, he is precious." Rachel cooed.

"Where did you get him?" Audrey smiled as she stood up from her chair and walked over to Ross. She raised her finger and awed as the monkey placed his small hand on her own.

"My friend, Bethel, rescued him from some lab." Ross told them.

"That is so cruel." Phoebe shook her head. "Why would a parent name their child Bethel?"

"That's actually true, we're they Christians?" Audrey smiled, Ross shook his head at the girls comment before turning away.

"Hey, that monkeys got a Ross on his ass." Chandler said once he walked out of the bathroom.

"Ross, is he going to live with you, like, in your apartment?" Monica grimaced.

"Yeah, I mean, it's been kind of quiet since Carol left, so.." Ross trailed off.

"Why don't you just get a roommate?" Audrey asked.

"Uh, I don't know, I think when you reach a certain age having a roommate is just kind of pathet-" Ross stopped himself.

Rachel, Monica and Audrey looked at one another whilst Joey and Chandler looked at one other, obviously all being roommates.

"Uh, I'm sorry. That's 'pathet', which is Sanskrit for 'really cool way to live'" Ross saved himself from the stares before walking away.

———

Some of the group sat in central perk once again, drinking the coffee that they always seemed to drink.

Audrey sat on the arm of the chair of the single seat that Chandler was sitting on, she leaned back on it and took a sip of her drink as she watched Phoebe play with her guitar.

"I'm doing all new material tonight." Phoebe told them. "I have twelve new songs about my mother's suicide and one about a snowman."

"Might want to open with the snowman." Chandler told her.

"Hi, Joey." Audrey smiled once she saw the man walk into the coffee shop.

"So, how'd it go?" Monica asked. They watched as he approached the chair on the far left, taking his snow ridden coat off and sighing.

"I didn't get the job." Joey told them, causing all of them to groan sympathetically.

"How could you not get it?" Ross questioned. "You were Santa last year."