'A' is For Answers

Start from the beginning

"It's complicated, Em," Ali sighed. "I've never figured out the right way to tell you what you need to know. I've never been able to say the words out loud."

"Why don't you start at the beginning?" Spencer asked.

"I'm ready to tell you guys everything," Ali nodded after they all sat down. "But if we can't figure it out tonight, I'm gonna have to disappear again. And this time it's gonna be for good."

-

"So if you want me here to help you figure out who 'A' is, you must not think I'm the one who hurt you," Spencer said slowly.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Spencer," Ali replied hastily. "It was a crazy night and it all starts in Hilton Head. 'A' had been threatening me since that Halloween." Isabel looked down, feeling bad that she wasn't there, and instead with her brother. "I thought a weekend away with Ian would give me a reprieve."

-Ali's Flashback-

Ali sat on a perfectly made bed, wearing a black layered top. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and she got up to see who it was.

Pushing away the curtain on the window separating the living room from this little room, Ali saw that Ian and Melissa were arguing.

"Did you follow me here?" Ian scoffed.

"I know who you're with," Melissa said. "It's Alison."

"Listen, she doesn't mean anything to me," Ian promised her. Ali closed the curtains, fed up with Ian and his stupid mind games. Of course Ali meant something to him, otherwise, why would he be with her?

She walked over to the camera, which was still recording.

"She's in there, isn't she?" Melissa yelled. "You're with her, now."

Ali deleted the file so that Melissa wouldn't see what was on there.

"Melissa..." Ian started.

"Ian, I know she's here!" Melissa screamed. "Ian, move! Just... wait... Stop, stop! Please, listen. Just let me take care of this so we don't make a scene, okay?"

Ali walked over to Ian's laptop and opened the videos file. Serves him right for calling her nothing to him.

"I'm going to handle this!" Melissa snapped. Ali opened the file with her name on it.

"Melissa-"

"How could you do this?" she scoffed. "You can never see Alison again."

"Fine, okay, I won't," Ian promised, and Ali scowled to herself. Gosh, Melissa was such a bitch.

"Because if you do, someone's gonna get hurt," Melissa shouted.

Ali browsed the files, and her eyes landed on something crazy. "'Jenna and Toby?'" she whispered to herself, opening it. She quickly glanced back to see if Ian was gonna open the door. All clear.

"Melissa, you were the one who wanted to take a break," he replied. "I've just been killing time. Waiting for you to come back."

So that's what she was? A waste of time? That justified, if not gave her a reason to search Ian's videos.

"There's nothing wrong about us," Jenna on-video said. Her arms were wrapped around an irate Toby. "We're not even related."

Ali smirked to herself, knowing that she had found what she needed.

"I don't ever want to lose you again," Melissa gulped, and Ali gagged. So ew.

"You won't," Ian promised. Ali grabbed the flash drive that she had transferred the videos onto and left. Screw Ian and stuck-up Melissa.