31- Above And Beyond

Start from the beginning

He saw her summon four light balls with a wave of her hand, his eyes widening. Before she could have them explode, he surrounded himself in a small but strong dome of ice. The balls exploded, cracking his ice in the process. The dome somewhat protected him. If it weren't for it, Todoroki's limbs would have said goodbye.

His eyes caught Yoshiko propelling towards him at full speed, fist ready at the side. He quickly rolled out of the way and encircled her in a circle of fire. He saw her wince at the heat, but she wasted no time in flying upwards and out of it. She had her body spin like a tornado mid-air, aiming for him.

Todoroki ducked and created a slope of ice, which she crashed into. He heard her groan and curse him colourfully. He skated out from underneath the ice slope. Before she could turn around, he greeted her with a wall of fire, the sleeve of his uniform burning in the process.

Yoshiko defensively covered her face from the fire. She felt her shirt slowly burn. If she let herself stay behind his burning wall any longer, she'd probably burn her hair.

"MAN, I'M FEELING BOTH HOT AND COLD AT THE SAME TIME!!" Present Mic yelled.

'Yeah, no shit,' Yoshiko thought.

Yoshiko held both hands up and created many balls of golden light. She manipulated them into spinning like a tornado. When they spun, they took in Todoroki's ice and fire, looking like a fiery orange tornado. As the wall of fire cleared in front of her, she met Todoroki's heterochromatic eyes, his forehead gleaming with sweat whilst he blew out cold air.

She smirked at him and snapped her fingers. The balls in the tornado blasted, creating heat waves and air pressure, sending Todoroki flying backwards. He created a wall of ice behind him, so he crashed into it instead of falling out of bounds.

"RAHHHHH, I'M GOING TO FALL OF MY SEAT!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!"

"Shut up, Mic."

Todoroki tapped on the ground with his foot again, sending ginormous icicles her way. Yoshiko held both palms in front of her, blasting the icicles away. Todoroki skated up to her at full speed, accompanied by a fiery fist on his side. Yoshiko twirled behind him and grabbed his right side arm, pulling it behind him and twisting it slightly. Todoroki let out a gasp and almost froze her fingers when she quickly retracted her hand and kicked him in the back instead.

Todoroki fell to the cold ground on his face, his eyes widening when he saw her going to throw an explosion right at his already fried face. He rolled to the side, increasing the flames on his left side, so the temperature on the stage increased, melting all his ice and steaming the water.

Yoshiko panted amongst the flames. Most of her top burnt away, leaving her in her almost burnt tanktop.

'He's strong.' She thought. She felt her ankle burn and jumped away when she saw a flame lick her pants. She saw him send a wall of ice at her, which she blasted sway as soon as it came towards her. A smirk overtook her features. 'But I'm stronger.'

She created hundreds of tiny light balls that looked like golden stars whilst throwing explosions at Todoroki and dodging his attacks. She kept on creating them without him knowing, having them float up.

"WOW, LOOK AT THAT GALAXY AKIMITSU HAS JUST CREATED!! I WONDER WHAT THAT DOES."

"Huh?" Todoroki looked up in confusion, his eyes widening at the sight above him, tiny golden balls of light like stars right above the stage. His head snapped back to Yoshiko to see her wave her hand. The stars aligned in front of him. Todoroki quickly created a protective ice layer in front of him, but it was of no use.

The balls might have been small, but they were more concentrated and energy-rich than her usual light balls. Yoshiko had one explode, which resulted in a chain reaction. Explosion after explosion took place, blasting them both in opposite directions.