30- Confident

Bakugo and Momo's match was a breeze. Momo tried her best, creating huge canons and capturing weapons, but Bakugo happened to be stronger. At some point, Momo's hesitation took over, which caused Bakugo to throw her out of bounds easily.

With their match, the first round was concluded. Yoshiko would be fighting Mina in the next round. She got up, avoiding Shinsou's eye. He sat with Yoshiko on his right and Aoi on the other side. He opened his mouth, and Yoshiko pretended to not see it, quickly making her way down the bleachers and into the waiting room.

She wasn't angry at Shinsou. Not at all. She was mad at Aoi. What did Yoshiko ever do to the girl? If anything, Yoshiko gave her full support to Aoi and Shinsou. Yoshiko sat in a chair and scrubbed on her face. Things were going to change between Shinsou and her. She could tell.

She didn't get why Aoi hated her. Yoshiko didn't harbour any sort of romantic feelings for Shinsou. Maybe it was normal for girlfriends to be a little possessive? Even Yoshiko was a little possessive when she dated Kanzo. But she'd never hurt anyone physically because of it. Yoshiko's possessiveness was within the healthy limit. Aoi straight-up tried to freeze Yoshiko's hands.

Yoshiko didn't want to lose her best friend.

Yoshiko could have broken Aoi's nose if she wanted, but Yoshiko held herself back for Shinsou's sake.

She got up and took a deep breath.

Nope, Yoshiko. You're not going to lose Shinsou. You dont like him romantically. You're just friends. A blue ice-cube-looking brat won't break our friendship.

"Hello! I'm talking to you. Hey, earth to Yoshiko!" Yoshiko snapped out of her thoughts when she saw a pink palm wave in front of her face. She met a pair of golden eyes and smiled sheepishly.

"Are you okay?" Mina asked worriedly. "I was trying to get your attention for ages. Something bothering you?"

"I'm fine, Min. I was just thinking." Yoshiko replied.

"Hmmm?" Mina narrowed her eyes at her suspiciously.

"I swear, just thinking." Yoshiko laughed. She had finally convinced herself not to worry about her friendship with Shinsou.

"If something bothers you, you can always talk to me," Mina said, taking Yoshiko's hands. Her hands were warm. Unlike Aoi. Yoshiko stared at Mina's radiant eyes and then softly smiled.

"Thank you. But I'm fine."

"Okay, I'll trust you! By the way, our match starts in two minutes."

"Heh." A smug smirk made its way to Yoshiko's face. "We might be friends, but im destroying you in this one."

"I'm going to do my best!" Mina exclaimed.

"You fucking better."

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Yoshiko could tell Mina was nervous as the two stood across from each other, with people cheering on Yoshiko's and Mina's names. "Hope you dont mind gettin' a little dirty," Mina smirked smugly at Yoshiko.

"Can't fight without getting a little dirty." Yoshiko cocked her head, sparks dancing in both her palms.

All Might allowed them to start fighting, and Mina quickly slid up to Yoshiko with her acid and sprayed her acid at Yoshiko. Yoshiko propelled herself upward with explosions, avoiding the acid spray. She landed behind Mina and sent a blast at Mina's back, burning off some of her shirt's fabric. Mina let out a squeak of agony and turned around, fists covered in a glove of acid.