Twenty-Six

Olivia had just gotten back from the NICU when her phone rang with a Facetime request. Casey grabbed the phone and answered the call as a few nurses helped Olivia get back into bed.

"Aunt Case?" Calvin asked in confusion. He had expected to see his mother's face, not his aunt's.

"Hey, Cal! Your mom is getting into bed right now, so you are stuck with me for a few more moments," Casey replied with a smile.

"Is she okay?" Calvin asked quietly.

"I'm fine, baby. Give me the phone, Casey," Olivia spoke, as she tugged the sheet up.

"Geez, she's just as rude as usual. Here she is, Cal. I love you," Casey teased as she passed the phone to Olivia.

Olivia smiled largely as she saw her son's face. She noted a bit of chocolate at the corner of his mouth and knew that Fin had been spoiling him with pretty much anything he wanted.

"Mom! I miss you so much! When can you and Hadley come home?" Calvin demanded. Olivia's smile faded as she swallowed hard and looked over at Casey.

Casey stood and rushed to where Olivia sat and rubbed her leg.

"Uh, you'll be seeing me before you'll be seeing Hadley. Baby, she's sick," Olivia breathed, tears burning her eyes.

"S-sick? Mom-"

"I had a panic attack while she was still in my belly, and she went into distress. The doctor had to take me into surgery to get her out of my belly, and her lung collapsed. Hadley is currently getting help breathing and eating," Olivia explained. She was still so angry at herself, but she knew that couldn't last. She had to be strong for her children and make sure her anger was clouding what Calvin and Hadley needed.

"M-mom... We just got her and we are already going to lose her?!" Calvin cried.

"No! Hadley is strong-"

"But she can't eat or breathe by herself! How is that strong?!" Calvin demanded.

"She's a Benson! So are you and so am I! We are strong and we will make it through this! Don't give up!" Olivia ordered, her face contorting with anger.

"If she dies, it's your fault!" Calvin yelled before he ended the call.

Olivia's eyes went wide as the phone slipped from her hand and onto her lap.

"Liv, he didn't mean that," Casey breathed.

"No, he did. He's right too. If Hadley dies, I should be charged with her murder." Olivia frowned deeply.

///

Hadley continued to need help breathing as they waited for her lung to recover from collapsing. Casey forced Olivia to spend time down in the NICU with her, even if Olivia was feeling so incredibly guilty. Calvin refused to answer any form of communication from his mother, so he didn't know she was being released until she and Casey showed up at the precinct to pick him up.

"Hey, baby girl," Fin smiled as he greeted Olivia. She was moving slowly and was still in pain, but there wasn't much she could do about it.

"Hey, Fin. Thanks for taking care of the squad and my kid while I was in the hospital. Where is he?" Olivia asked as Fin gave her an awkward side hug.

"He's in his favorite interview room and is playing on your laptop," Fin replied. Olivia nodded slowly before taking a slow breath.

"Is he still pissed off at me?"

"I told him not to be, but that didn't help. If he is still being trouble, I can keep him for a while. Okay?"

"We gotta get through this together, even if it means we are going to fight each other."

"You need to recover-" Fin started, but Casey interrupted him.

"I'm staying with them. Then if Calvin tries to fist fight Olivia, she'll have a bodyguard," Casey replied. 

"Good. Uh, I guess that I'll see you soon," Fin spoke. 

Olivia and Casey walked slowly into the interview room and watched as Calvin kept his eyes focused on the laptop. He had headphones on, so he didn't hear the door open.

"I wonder if he wants me to reverse the adoption," Olivia whispered.

"He doesn't want that, Liv. He still loves you, but he's confused about a lot right now. It'll all get better," Casey reassured her best friend.

Olivia gave her a slow nod before walking over to where Calvin sat. She gently touched his shoulder before kissing the top of his head. He quickly pulled his headphones out and turned to look at his mother.

"What are you doing here?" He asked coldly.

"Aunt Case and I are taking you home. Can you pack-"

"I'm not going anywhere with a killer," Calvin spat. Olivia looked at her son with wide eyes before looking at Casey for help.

"Don't speak to your mother like that, Calvin Benson." 

"I can talk to her like I want! She killed my baby sister because of her stupid panic attack!" Calvin yelled, before giving his mother a hard shove.

Olivia cried out as she hit the shelf behind her and slipped down it, her hands cradling her aching midsection.

"Calvin! She just had major surgery!" Casey yelled as the crew rushed into the room. Fin grabbed Calvin by his arms and hauled him from the room as Amanda and Casey knelt beside Olivia.

Her shirt started to grow dark with blood seeping from her c-section wound.

"Liv, we are going to call an ambulance. Okay? You'll be fine," Amanda cooed as Nick made the call.

"I-i just got out and now I have to go back," Olivia whimpered as she lifted her hands and stared at the blood that was staining them.

"You won't be in there for long. Just a few more days and everything will be okay," Amanda replied.

///

Fin sat in front of Calvin as he waited for news about Olivia. She had been bleeding pretty badly when the ambulance left with her, so he didn't know what was going to happen.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Fin asked as he tried to keep his cool. He was so angry at the kid in front of him that he wanted to arrest him for assaulting Olivia. 

"She deserved it after hurting my sister."