Thirteen

Calvin stared at the phone until Olivia's name left the screen. He continued to stare at the screen until a notification popped up, stating that there was a missed call and a voicemail. 

"Why can't you just leave me alone?!" Calvin huffed, as he tossed the phone to the foot of the bed. All he wanted to do was to be away from Olivia. He wanted his mother back, and to not have to worry about getting adopted and having a new family. Calvin liked the one he already had.

"Is everything okay?" Albert asked, as he swung open the door to Calvin's room. Calvin's cheeks went red as he stared at his grandfather.

"Yeah, everything is fine. I'm sorry that I was loud," Calvin breathed.

"It's okay. Just go to bed. I'll see you in the morning," Albert replied. He stepped back and shut the door. Calvin frowned deeply before climbing out from under the sheets and grabbing the phone.

He hesitantly unlocked it, before listening to the voicemail from Olivia.

"Calvin, it's Liv. I know that you have Maya's phone, and we tracked it to a house in New Jersey... You are scared and answered the question that I asked this morning. I will not be pursuing adoption, and we can just continue what we are doing. I'll give you space, but will never stop loving you. By the time you listen to this, we will be at the house or close. Don't run, because there is nowhere you can hide," Olivia's voice spoke.

Calvin didn't believe her, but couldn't deny that she was right. The sound of sirens filled the air, and Calvin sobbed as he threw the phone again and buried himself under the blankets.

///

Albert, Barbara, and Calvin were all taken back to New York for questioning. Olivia didn't talk to Calvin as they rode back to the city, and she didn't even hug him when she finally saw him.

"Please sit," Olivia spoke, as she walked into the interrogation room where Barbara and Albert sat together. They weren't under arrest, and Olivia knew deep down that they weren't involved.

"Sergeant Benson-"

"Mr. and Mrs. Drecker, you aren't under arrest. It's just important that we talk some things through."

"Fine," they grumbled together, before sitting down at the table.

Olivia sat and pulled out a legal pad and pen.

"You are Calvin's paternal grandparents, correct?" Olivia questioned as Rafael walked in.

"Yes, we are," Albert sighed.

"How did Calvin end up at your house?" Rafael asked. Olivia glanced at him, anger covering her expression. She hated when someone hijacked her interrogation, let alone her boyfriend doing that.

"We received a call from him earlier. He said he needed help because Vivian was in prison and he was alone. So we told him we'd pick him up and to stay put. He told us he'd call us back and then hung up," Albert replied.

"So you didn't contact him?" Olivia asked.

"No, we didn't know about Vivian being in jail. Let alone that Calvin technically ran away."

Olivia looked down at the paper and continued to scrawl out her notes.

"He ran away from me," Olivia breathed. Barbara's eyes went wide before looking at her husband.

"What?"

"I have complete custody of Calvin. Vivian left him to me before she was arrested, then when she got arrested, she signed away her rights and I am his legal guardian now," Olivia explained.

///

Barbara and Albert were sent home a few hours after they found Calvin. Olivia asked if they wanted her to transfer custody of Calvin over to them, but they wanted nothing to do with him. They said he was trouble, just like Vivian.

Olivia let Amanda and Fin talk to Calvin, then they put him in the cribs to sleep. Rafael sat in the cribs and kept an eye on Calvin as Olivia spoke to her squad.

"So, what are you going to do?" Amanda asked. Olivia sighed softly and looked at her detectives.

"I'm going to talk to Tiffany Owens. Clearly, he doesn't want to stay with me, so I might see if there is a foster home that is better for him."

Fin and Amanda exchanged glances, both completely shocked that Olivia would give up the little boy she loved.

"Baby girl, don't jump to that... Maybe he should stay with me for a few days to cool off," Fin breathed.

"No, there is no point. You can all go home," Olivia spoke, as she turned and walked back to her office.

Rafael walked from the cribs after Fin and Amanda left. It was after midnight and Calvin was sleeping so deeply that he was snoring like a grown man. Rafael wasn't worried about Calvin running away again, but he was worried about his girlfriend.

"Hey, love," Rafael smiled, as he walked into Olivia's office. She was resting her head against her desk as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"Please go away," Olivia mumbled.

"Not gonna happen," Rafael replied. Olivia lifted her head slowly and narrowed her eyes.

"I'm done, Rafael. Stop pushing me to do things, because I'm done. I'm giving up," Olivia huffed.

"No-"

"He ran away from me! I gave him everything he could want, and he just runs away! Like what the fuck did I miss?!"

"That little boy just found out that his mother doesn't want him anymore! Maybe we moved too fast telling him, and offering up adoption. So he got scared and ran!" Rafael exclaimed.

"We didn't do anything, I did! My mother was right when she called me an absolute fuck up! Can you imagine if we tried to start a family together? I'd probably be making every mistake humanly possible, just like I'm doing with Calvin," Olivia huffed. She slammed her hands against her desk before standing and stomping from the room.

"Olivia!" Rafael called as he followed her. She opened the door to the cribs and flipped the lights on. 

"Calvin, wake up!" Olivia exclaimed. Calvin took a few moments to open his eyes before looking at Olivia in confusion.

"What?"

"Tell me what you want, and I'll do it. Okay?" Olivia spoke.

"What do you mean?" Calvin huffed.

"Do you want to live with me? Stay in foster care? Fin even offered to take you for a bit. Tell me what you want, and I'll do it."

Calvin stared at Olivia for a long moment before climbing off the bottom bunk. He walked to Olivia and looked up at her.

"Get my mom out of jail and give me back to her."